The Technology Stack Working Group (TSWG) specifies requirements, specifications, and test suites for the technical architecture of the ToIP stack. For an overview of the ToIP stack, see the Introduction to ToIP white paper.
Define (directly or by reference) the technical standards, test suites, and interoperability certification standards for the Trust over IP architecture stack consistent with the Design Principles for the ToIP Stack.
Much of the work on deliverables of the TSWG is performed my self-organizing Task Forces (TFs). Following are the currently active TFs and their current leads. See their home pages for their meeting schedules.
- Trust Registry TF (TRTF) — Darrell O'Donnell
- Authentic Chained Data Container (ACDC) TF — Samuel Smith Phil Feairheller
- Technology Architecture TF (TATF) — Wenjing Chu Drummond Reed
- AI & Metaverse (AIM) Technology TF (AIMTF) — Wenjing Chu Vikas Malhotra
- W3C Concept Development TF (W3TF) — Darrell O'Donnell
The TSWG currently holds meetings every two weeks. See the TSWG Meeting Page for the schedule of meetings along with agendas, notes and recordings from all meetings.
The table below lists all TSWG deliverables that have been approved to move beyond Pre-Draft status. Bold = current. Non-bold = future. WG members are welcome to follow the links to contribute, either by joining the responsible Task Force (TF) or contributing directly to a deliverable document.
|Name of Deliverable||Deliverable Type||Link to Deliverable||Task Force||Status|
|Principles of SSI||Recommendation||Completed||ToIP Approved Deliverable|
Design Principles for the ToIP Stack
|Recommendation||Google Document||Working Group Approved Deliverable (2021-11-15)|
|ACDC Specification||Specification||See ACDC TF home page||ACDC TF||Draft Deliverable|
|ToIP Technology Architecture Specification||Specification||Google Document||ToIP Technology Architecture TF||Draft Deliverable|
Other potential deliverables discussed by TSWG members:
- Laws of Identity (status: PROPOSED) - intended to explain how ToIP maps to Kim Cameron's work. (Google doc draft here.)
Chairs / Leads
- Chair: Darrell O'Donnell (Continuum Loop)
How to join
Members as well as observers are welcome (with the important caveat below).
For the protection of all Members, participation in working groups, meetings and events is limited to members, including their employees, of the Trust over IP Foundation who have signed the membership documents and thus agreed to the intellectual property rules governing participation. If you or your employer are not a member of ToIP, you may not participate in meetings by verbal contribution or otherwise take any action beyond observing. To join ToIP and be able to contribute, please fill out the light weight membership application on our website here.
Intellectual Property Rights (Copyright, Patent, Source Code)
The WG inherits the IPR terms from the JDF Charter. These include:
- Copyright mode: Creative Commons Attribution 4.0.
- Patent mode: W3C Mode (based on the W3C Patent Policy).
- Source code: Apache 2.0, available at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.html.