The Trust Spanning Protocol Task Force (TSPTF) is a task force of the ToIP Technology Stack Working Group. The mission of the TSWG is to draft the ToIP Trust Spanning Protocol V1.0 Specification to meet the requirements for ToIP Layer 2 as specified in the ToIP Technology Architecture V1.0 Specification. Since this protocol is the keystone for interoperability of the ToIP stack, the TSPTF intends to reach out across all other orgs in the space (e.g., Decentralized Identity Foundation, Hyperledger, OpenWallet Foundation, W3C Credentials Community Group) for collaboration on this effort.
The deliverable of this Task Force is the ToIP Trust Spanning Protocol Specification that must meet the 18 requirements for the ToIP Layer 2 protocol as specified in the ToIP Technology Architecture V1.0 Specification. The requirements in this specification must interoperate with other ToIP component specifications as explained in the Evolution of the ToIP Stack.
Please add your name to this list if you wish to be a lead of this task force:
- Drummond Reed, Gen
- Wenjing Chu, Futurewei
- Dr. Sam Smith
- Daniel Hardman, Provenant (Emeritus)
Membership and Joining
Prior to participating in the meetings please ensure that you are a member of the Trust Over IP Foundation. Contributor level membership is available to anyone at no cost. Details can be found at this link.
To join this TF, add your name to this list:
- <name here, plus affiliation if an organizational member>
- Antti Kettunen
- Viky Manaila, Intesi Group
- Darrell O'Donnell, Continuum Loop Inc.
- Sumabala Nair, IBM
- Jo Spencer, Sezoo
- Scott Whitmire
- Scott Perry
- Oskar van Deventer
- Judith Fleenor
Meeting Schedule and Notes
This TF began meeting in January 2023. It holds two meetings (one for NA/EU time zones and one for APAC time zones) on three out of every four Wednesdays (the fourth Wednesday will be the plenary meeting of the Technology Stack WG). The meeting slots are:
- NA/EU: 08:00-09:00 PT / 15:00-16:00 UTC
- APAC: 18:00-19:00 PT / 01:00-02:00 UTC
Please check the ToIP Calendar for current times and Zoom links for these meetings.
Meeting Notes, including Zoom recordings, are kept for every meeting — see the TSPTF Meeting Pages for an index.
Meetings agendas are also announced on the ToIP Slack channel #tswg-trust-spanning-tf. Please join us there.
Our goal is to publish a first Working Draft of the ToIP Trust Spanning Protocol V1.0 Specification no later than 31 July 2023, a Public Review Draft by 30 September 2023, and a final ToIP Approved Draft by the end of 2023.
Intellectual Property Rights (Copyright, Patent, Source Code)
As a Task Force (TF) of the Technology Stack WG (TSWG), the TSPTF inherits the IPR terms from the TSWG JDF Charter. Until 25 October 2023, these are:
- Copyright mode: Creative Commons Attribution 4.0.
- Patent mode: W3C Mode (based on the W3C Patent Policy).
- Source code: Apache 2.0, available at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.html.
After 25 October 2023, the IPR terms will change to:
- Copyright mode: OWFa 1.0 (available at https://www.openwebfoundation.org/the-agreements/the-owf-1-0-agreements-granted-claims/owfa-1-0)
- Patent mode: OWFa 1.0 (available at https://www.openwebfoundation.org/the-agreements/the-owf-1-0-agreements-granted-claims/owfa-1-0)
- Source code: Apache 2.0 (available at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.html)
Mailing List and Communications
This task force uses the following for communications
- Mailing List: This TF is not using a separate mailing list but sending all emails to the full Technology Stack WG mailing list.
- Github: Use the Discussions tab: https://github.com/trustoverip/trust-spanning-protocol/discussions
- Slack: The ToIP Slack channel is #tswg-trust-spanning-tf.