Zoom Meeting Recording
Main Goals of this Meeting
1) Task Force reports, 2) Approval of AI Technology TF, 3) Updates from Consensus 2022 and Identiverse 2022, 4) Progress report on the ToIP Technology Architecture Specification.
Agenda Items and Notes (including all relevant links)
- Start recording
- Welcome & antitrust notice
- Introduction of new members
- Agenda review
- Antitrust Policy Notice: Attendees are reminded to adhere to the meeting agenda and not participate in activities prohibited under antitrust and competition laws. Only members of ToIP who have signed the necessary agreements are permitted to participate in this activity beyond an observer role.
- New Members:
|5 min||General announcements||All|
Updates from TSWG members of general interest to the group.
- Wenjing Chu announced that the Metaverse Standards Forum has been launched to coordinate standards for the metaverse.
- W3C is a founding member along with Khronos (sponsor).
- Will cover media and formatting standards, such as video, AR, and VR, that can be processed in the cloud and delivered to different devices.
- The goal is for interoperability and portability so avatars can traverse across metaverse spaces.
- Identity is a key requirement.
- Drummond Reed shared that the W3C Verifiable Credentials 2.0 Working Group was beginning its meetings tomorrow (Wednesday June 29).
|2 mins||Review of Action Items from the previous meeting||Chairs|
|15 mins||Task Force Reports||TF Leads|
Trust Registry TF — Darrell O'Donnell
- No major update other than the V1 spec needs to be completed in GitHub.
- Lucy Yang shared with Drummond at Identiverse that the WHO is quite interested in a V2.
- Darrell said that some of the work at DIF also aligns.
- Drummond mentioned that work on revocation has accelerated since the work on the V1 spec was done. This is a topic that should be explored in more depth in V2.
ACDC TF — Samuel Smith Phil Feairheller
Technology Architecture TF — Drummond Reedand Wenjing Chu
- We have moved over onto GitHub where we are starting to work in GitHub issues.
- The Markdown document has been started there.
- There is an ongoing discussion about the technical depth of this version of the spec.
- We hope that the high-level policymaker document will clarify this.
- Wenjing felt that the most important deadline is the upcoming Hyperledger Global Forum meeting in Dublin starting Sept 12.
- Judith shared that ToIP is also going to have a mini-summit on Sept 14th.
- Drummond clarified that the TF has agreed to add two other deliverables:
- ToIP Technology for Policymakers
- ToIP Interoperability Test Cases
- This will allow us to keep the current document at the same scope.
|5 mins||AI Technology Task Force|
The AI and Metaverse (AIM) Technology TF is approved — update on next steps.
ACTION: Wenjing Chu to pick a date and send an announcement email of the kickoff meeting of the AI and Metaverse (AIM) Technology Task Force to the ToIP All-Member mailing list.
ACTION: After the first meeting, Wenjing Chu and Vikas Malhotra to prepare a blog post about the launch of the AI and Metaverse (AIM) Technology Task Force.
|10 mins||Updates from Consensus 2022 and Identiverse 2022|
- Block announced the launch of Web5 (Web2 + Web3) based on the Decentralized Web Node (DWN) draft specification from the Secure Storage working group at DIF.
- Wenjing said that this was the same content that the Block team shared at Internet Identity Workshop in April.
- Wenjing clarified that it ties directly into the work of the Technology Architecture TF on intermediaries.
- Drummond shared that DWN is very similar to DIDComm in some ways. He believes they may converge over time.
- Judith said that the keynote from Andre Durand, CEO of Ping, announced that decentralized identity was the future.
- Microsoft and other enterprise vendors now espousing verifiable credentials.
- Alex Simons spent half of his keynote on VCs.
- Lots of sessions on FIDO2 passkeys.
- There is a question about whether the cross-device sync will work across OSes.
- Judith recommended that the FIDO2 UI/UX work is a great example of what we need to do.
- Vikas Malhotra said that the DIF Wallet Security WG is discussing FIDO2.
- A few sessions on GAIN (Global Assured Identity Network), but not as much interest among the enterprise audience.
- Judith met several authors of the original GAIN 1.0 white paper.
- She offered that ToIP could host a Task Force to develop a V2 of the paper. The original authors said they were interested in co-chairing that TF.
- Tim Bouma said he was on the GAIN call this morning and was not sure where it was going. Their "Newtonian frame of reference" is hard to change.
- Darrell O'Donnell was similarly skeptical about GAIN's plans to pursue a "uber federation" because it hasn't been successful. "We can't push that rope."
- Review decisions/action items
- Planning for next meeting
- ACTION: Wenjing Chu to pick a date and send an announcement email of the kickoff meeting of the AI and Metaverse (AIM) Technology Task Force to the ToIP All-Member mailing list.
- ACTION: After the first meeting, Wenjing Chu and Vikas Malhotra to prepare a blog post about the launch of the AI and Metaverse (AIM) Technology Task Force.