Notice & Consent for people relies on clear communication.
Decentralized identity relies on legal semantics to instruct the scope of technical semantics. Legal semantics for data control (that people can see and expect in person) are mirrored to provide data governance that people expect with the use of identifiers and claims online. Identity and traditionally data governance referring explicitly to control the flow of data in between domains and borders.
Specification work Proposed for to extend international Decentralized Semantic Governance for the DDE.
Decentralized Data Governance for Data subject’s (data) rights. This task force mission is to enhance identity and data governance interoperability with the use of ToiP governance model with this specification for a privacy controller credential and the Unified Notice Control Language, for data governance and control.
Decentralized Semantic Governance Stack
The Identity and Data Governance Stack of Specifications used to create this specification are designed to utilize OCA to overlay legal notice and consent schema's on to the existing ISO/IEC 29100 framework for jurisdictional privacy/surveillance notice profiles.
Then to enable identity governance interoperability by translating a local governance schema to the internationalized schema base for governance controls and privacy rights. Then, to overly the next schema for localized identity and data governance controls, which utilized the same surveillance and privacy semantic governance framework for identity and data control interoperability.
In this process the OCA utilizes this stack of standards and specifications to syncratically harmonize purpose driven interoperability for meta-data and identity governance (by extending International standards)
- The use of international standards framework for security, privacy and identity management is critical for interoperability of data and identity controls internationally.
- management of data decentralized identifiers, VC's and the ISO 27710 series,Security Techniques - Information Security Management Systems -
- ISO/ IEC 29100 Security Techniques - Privacy Framework (for identifier governance)
- ISO/IEC 29184 Onlin,e Privacy Notice & Consent
- ISO/IEC 27560 Consent Record Structure (Kantara Notice & Consent Receipt specifications)
- Decentralized Proof of Notice for orgs
- Decentralized Proof of Processing (aka consent) for people
- W3C Data Control Vocabulary ( maps legal semantics to ontology) to harmonize decentralized legal semantics with machine readable semantics for linking identifiers and personal data.
- OCA Specification for Operational Semantic Notice
- conformity assessment vectors for OCA schema's
- legal schema overlay from localized privacy law schema
- legal schema conformity assessment to ISO baseline
- legal schema overlay conformity assessment to a privacy law schema
- conformity assessment report on legal adequacy for privacy rigxzhts and associated infrormation controls
- conformity assessment vectors for OCA schema's
- A key challenge to interoperability is addressed with the International ISO/IEC standards framework 29100 and 29184. This provides a semantic control framework to address the lack of semantic harmonization for personal data control which provides security for the portability and control of private information and is a required for people to be able to independently consent and control personal information. This challenge first presented the W3C DoNotTrack Conference in Berkeley California. 'Opening Up the Online Infrastructure' .
- This turned into a Kantara Specification effort in 2014 and now, last year, ISO voted to fast track this to a standard 27560, to be used with ISO 29184 to address what was know by the phrased of the Biggest Lie on the Internet, was a focus of a movie Terms and Condition's May Apply. With an international governance rule set, people can use independently of Terms and Conditions.
- With the success of this work as an international standard this Task Force aims to collaborate to support an International data governance authority framework as an open resource for master data control transparency over personal information (with standardized notice)
Requirements Privacy Controller Credential Specification (in Open Consent Groups' OPN Architecture)
Providence chain starts with the person who is accountable bound to a legal entity.
Legal Entity Accountability Levels according to Tiers of Privacy Risk
- A non registered Broadcast listing
Tier 1 - Policy Controller - Low Risk - doesn't process personal data electronically, does not collect or process personal information, and for any personal identifier, this is minimized and secure, has internal security for data of employee's
Tier 2 - Privacy (data) Controller - Does process personal data for commercial benefit and use
Tier 3 - Very High Risk - invisible public surveillance, surveillance of children /vulnerable people etc Beneficial owners (required)
Tier 4 - Controller Operator - Provides Registration services for Privacy Controller Credentials, Mitigates Privacy Risk with codes of conduct and certifications that accredit codes of practice. Controller can then register to these codes of conduct and practice
References for use for creating a Unified (generic) Data Control Vocabulary for OCA
Information technology — Security techniques — Privacy framework
ISO/IEC 29100:2011 provides a privacy framework which
|Status - Is publicly available - https://www.freestandardsdownload.com/iso-iec-29100-2011.html|
|ISO/IEC 29184:2020||Online privacy notice and consent||(just published - not available to public - we are working on publishing a report/appendix for use with this group )|
|W3C DPV 0.01||Data Privacy Vocabulary|
Reference: OPN-Notice Schema
OPN: Open Notice (+ Consent) Receipt Schema: Starters Guide to Unified Data Control Schema
Lizar, M. & Pandit, H.J., OPN: Open Notice Receipt Schema, 14th International Conference on Semantic Systems (SEMANTiCS 2019), Karlsruhe, Germany, 2019 [Published http://www.tara.tcd.ie/handle/2262/91576 [accessed July 1, 2020]
OPN Privacy Profile URI
Link to the controller's profile in the OPN registry.
Type of Notice Receipt
Label Notice Receipt
A unique number for each Notice Receipt. SHOULD use UUID-4 [RFC 4122].
Date and time of when the notice was generated and provided. The JSON value MUST be expressed as the number of seconds since 1970-01-01 00:00:00 GMT (Unix epoch).
The Controller’s profile public key. Used to sign notice icons, receipts and policies for higher assurance.
Language in which the consent was obtained. MUST use ISO 639-1:2002 [ISO 639] if this field is used. Default is 'EN'.
The identity (legal name) of the controller.
The jurisdiction(s) applicable to this notice
Contact name of the Controller. Contact could be a telephone number or an email address or a twitter handle.
Link to Notice
Link to the notice the receipt is for
Link to Policy
Method of notice presentation, sign, website pop-up etc
|Receipt Type||The human understandable label for a record or receipt for data processing. This is used to extend the schema with profile for the type of legal processing - and is Used to identify data privacy rights and controls|
OCA schema specification: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KOdq8Yy3OXmuELyh7tpHMlhyMZPSZ3Ib/edit#gid=68769926