The Inputs and Semantics Working Group (ISWG) supports a practical approach to further enable the adoption of the Trust over IP dual-stack architecture by bringing a balanced view of decentralized network paradigms to the overall mission of Internet-scale digital trust. All data inputs operated on by any process or system should be authenticable with the semantics providing meaning and context at the time of capture.
Figure 1. Model of Identifier States. A component diagram showing the inputs and semantic counterparts of a balanced network model
The mission of the ISWG is to define a decentralized key management infrastructure (Inputs domain) and data capture architecture (Semantic domain) for Internet-scale deployment. The scope of the ISWG is to define specifications and best practices that bring cohesion to data entry (aka Inputs) and data capture (aka Semantic) processes and standards throughout the ToIP stack whether these standards are hosted at the Linux Foundation or external to it. Other working group activities will include creating template Requests for Proposal (RFPs) and additional guidance to utility and service providers regarding implementations in that capacity. This WG will be divided into Inputs and Semantic domain groups and will organise Task Forces and Focus Groups to escalate the development of certain components if deemed appropriate by the majority of the WG members and in line with the overall mission of the ToIP Foundation.
- Inputs Domain Group (ISWG-I)
The ISWG-I meets weekly on a Wednesday from 09:00-10:00 US PT / 17:00-18:00 UTC
- Semantic Domain Group (ISWG-S)
The ISWG-S meets weekly on a Tuesday from 09:00-10:00 US PT / 17:00-18:00 UTC
- Technical specifications for all core components required as defined by the ISWG Scope statement.
- Also check out the ToIP Deliverables document for high-level deliverables of the Trust over IP Foundation.
Chairs / Leads
- ISWG Lead: Paul Knowles
- Co-Convener of ISWG / Chair of the Inputs Domain Group (ISWG-I): Robert Mitwicki
- Co-Convener of ISWG / Chair of the Semantic Domain Group (ISWG-S): Paul Knowles
- Co-Convener of ISWG: Samuel Smith
How to join
Members as well as observers are welcome (with the important caveat below).
For the protection of all Members, participation in working groups, meetings and events is limited to members, including their employees, of the Trust over IP Foundation who have signed the membership documents and thus agreed to the intellectual property rules governing participation. If you or your employer are not a member, we ask that you not participate in meetings by verbal contribution or otherwise take any action beyond observing.
Intellectual Property Rights (Copyright, Patent, Source Code)
The WG inherits the IPR terms from the JDF Charter. These include:
- Copyright mode: Creative Commons Attribution 4.0.
- Patent mode: W3C Mode (based on the W3C Patent Policy).
- Source code: Apache 2.0, available at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.html. The GSWG TA TF is not expected to produce source code.