Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Meeting Date



Main Goal of this Meeting:

Agree on priorities and Q1 roadmap for all deliverables.


5 minWelcome
Antitrust Policy Notice
Introduction of New Members
5 mins

ToIP Initiatives / Priorities / News / Relevance to GSWG

5 min

Ecosystem Foundry Working Group Activities / Relevance to GSWG

Steve Magennis
5 mins

Technology Stack Working Group Activities / Relevance to GSWG

Drummond Reed
30 mins

GSWG Task Force Reports

  1. Deliverable Status
  2. Assistance Needed
TF Leads
5 mins

Announcement of Upcoming Meetings

5 minsReview of Decisions and Action Items / ClosingChairs



  • None


  • None


  1. Welcome
    1. Linux Foundation antitrust policy
    2. Introduction of new members
    3. Agenda review
  2. ToIP Initiatives / Relevance to GSWG 
    1. Yearly/Quarterly Priorities
      1. Focus on baseline deliverables
      2. Support emergence of trust ecosystems
      3. Develop and deliver Communications Strategy and Editorial Calendar
      4. Implement Resource/Revenue model
    2. Top priority for Q1: the "Big 5 Deliverables" 
      1. Design Principles for the ToIP Governance Stack V1  (GSWG)
      2. Design Principles for the ToIP Technology Stack V1  (TSWG)
      3. ToIP Governance Stack Architecture TSS V1  (GSWG)
      4. ToIP Technology Stack Architecture TSS V1  (TSWG)
      5. ToIP Foundation White Paper V2  (Joint)
    3. ToIP Level Committees and Task Forces
      1. Communications Committee
    4. News - Successes and Challenges
      1. Extraordinary push for digital vaccination credentials
        1. LF Public Health - COVID-19 Credential Initiative - Kaliya Identitywoman
          1. Over 20 different work projects
          2. Newsletter every two weeks
          3. Twitter account
          4. Operate very openly - very responsive and effective community
          5. Welcome ideas for how to leverage verifiable credentials for reopening the economy - publishing a paper tomorrow
          6. Verifiable Credentials Flavors Explained is a paper that Kaliya has been authoring about the technology differences between different verifiable credential formats
            1. There is a perception that the ToIP community is very centered on ZKP CL and Hyperledger Aries POV verifiable credential format
        2. Vaccination Credentials Initiative
        3. WHO Smart Vaccination Certificate expert group
          1. Working on what should be the recommendations for how vaccination credentials should be issued
          2. Both in paper form and digital form
        4. IATA Travel Pass
        5. Coming next week: Good Health Pass
      2. Lumedic Exchange Governance Framework
  3. Ecosystem Foundry Working Group Activities / Relevance to GSWG
    1. Activities
      1. GLEIF Ecosystem
      2. YOMA Ecosystem
      3. Good Health Pass Ecosystem
    2. Requirements for GSWG
  4. Technology Stack Working Group Activities / Relevance to GSWG
    1. Activities
      1. "Big 5 Deliverables" (see above)
    2. Requirements for GSWG
  5. ACTION: Add a liaison to the Utility Foundry Working Group
    1. Steven Milstein volunteered to Semantics
    2. Scott Perry to solicit a volunteer to serve as a liaison for the UFWG
  6. GSWG Task Force Reports
    1. Principles of SSI (PoSSI)
      1. Deliverable Status
        1. The working draft is ready for PR (following the deliverables process)
        2. Drafting of the playbook content accompanying the PoSSI text will be starting as well
      2. Assistance Needed
        1. More contributors to (2) above are certainly welcome! Check our Task Force page and add your name to the list
    2. Governance Architecture TSS
      1. Deliverable Status
        1. Wiki pages ready
        2. Kalyan Kulkarni reported that the GitHub repo is set up -
      2. Assistance Needed
        1. Need to complete repo setup
    3. Process and Roles
      1. Deliverable Status
        1. Meetings are ongoing - discussions with Tim Bouma and Joni Brennan on the Pan-Canadian Trust Framework and DIACC
        2. Preparing to move forward on some of the deliverables following the Big 5
      2. Assistance Needed
        1. None now
    4. New Task Force needed on Governance Stack Design Principles?
      1. ACTION: Drummond Reed and Victor Golubkov to determine the best way to proceed with this deliverable, i.e., separate TF or part of Governance Architecture TF.
  7. Announcement of Upcoming Meetings
    1. APAC Plenary
      1. Planning to take up the Design Principles topic
    2. Special Topic Meeting suggestions
      1. Travel/health pass discussions and Good Health Pass initiative
        1. Scott Perry to help organize
      2. Outreach to the rest of the community on topics touching on governance
      3. Neutrality of the ToIP community and how we approach interoperability
        1. Karl Kneis suggested that this is also a topic that matters to the Communications Committee
        2. ACTION: Karl Kneiswill set up a meeting to discuss how to proceed with this topic - please DM Karl Kneison Slack
      4. We will continue to use our Slack channel to solicit input for special topic meeting topics
    3. Next NA/EU Plenary
      1. Thursday Feb 25th
  8. Review of Decisions and Action Items / Closing


  • Steven Milsteinwill serve as liaison to the Inputs and Semantics WG
  • Drummond Reedwill serve as liaison to the Concepts and Terminology WG  

Action Items

  • Karl Kneis to set up an off-record calls to discuss feedback on ToIP neutrality
  • Scott Perryto recruit panelists for our first special topic call on "Digital Health/Travel Credentials and Governance Frameworks"
  • Drummond Reedto connect with Victor Golubkovto determine best path forward with the ToIP Governance Stack Design Principles deliverable
  • Scott Perry to solicit a volunteer to serve as a liaison to the Utility Foundry Working Group
  • No labels