Versions Compared


  • This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.


See the Calendar of ToIP Meetings for exact meeting dates, times and Zoom links.

Zoom Meeting







Agenda Items and Notes (including all relevant links)

Questions and answers:

TimeAgenda ItemLeadNotes
2 min
  • Start recording
  • Welcome & antitrust notice
  • New member introductions
  • Agenda review
  • Antitrust Policy Notice: Attendees are reminded to adhere to the meeting agenda and not participate in activities prohibited under antitrust and competition laws. Only members of ToIP who have signed the necessary agreements are permitted to participate in this activity beyond an observer role.
  • New Members:
    • Oskar van Deventer is from the TNO in the Netherlands. He is a distinguished technical architect and a primary leader of TNO's work on SSI and decentralized digital trust infrastructure.
1 minReview of previous action itemsLeads
  •  ACTION: Drummond Reed to post a GitHub issues asking about any other preliminary configuration steps we need to take for the repo.
  •  Daniel Hardman to post a discussion about what should be OUT of scope — the "negative space" and Michael Herman to contribute about what is in scope and out of scope as well as a discussion to determine the audience for the TSP specification.
  •  ACTION: Drummond Reed to produce a second version of Andor Kesselman's diagram with updates to the labels that correspond to the official names for certain stages according to our ToIP Foundation charter (which is based on our Joint Development Foundation legal roots at the Linux Foundation).
  •  ACTION: Drummond Reed to discuss with Wenjing Chu and Darrell O'Donnell whether we can make TSPTF meetings happen for three out of every four weeks (instead of the current two) by only calling Technology Architecture Task Force meetings as needed.
    • DONE — The meeting schedule has been revised. See the ToIP Calendar.
  •  ACTION: ALL - contribute to our first four Github Discussions or start a new one on any topic you believe we should be discussing at this stage.
1 minLeadership updateLeads

Samuel Smith has volunteered to join Daniel Hardman, Wenjing Chu, and Drummond Reed as a co-lead of the TSPTF. You can read more about Sam here and more about KERI, CESR, and ACDC here.

40 minsTSP Proposal #1: Sam SmithSamuel Smith 

Sam will present his proposal for design of the TSP designlayer. As a pre-read, please watch this 1-hour recording of Sam presenting the Hourglass Model to the TSWG APAC meeting last week.

  • same as
the link
  • at the top of this page).
    15 minsQ&A on the aboveAll
      • Sam's presentation begins at roughly the 10 minute point of the recording and lasts for roughly 40 mins, followed by 20 mins of Q&A.
      • This recording covers the vast majority of Sam's proposal.
    • Here is the link to the recording of the APAC meeting (same as at the top of this page).
      • Approximately the first 30 mins of this recording are discussion of Sam's NA/EU presentation. 
      • Then Sam offered to present more slides that he was not able to cover in the NA/EU meeting — these slides, together with interactive discussion, take the rest of the recording.
    • Very active discussion of Sam's proposal then continued in this Github Discussion. As of 6PM PT on 2023-02-11, there were 7 comment threads with a total of 28 replies.

    ACTION: All TSPTF members who missed the meeting: review Sam's slides, watch at least the NA/EU recording (and ideally the APAC recording as well), and if possible, read and contributed to the Github Discussion threads.

    1 min
    • Review decisions/action items
    • Planning for next meeting 

    Next week's meetings will be Proposal #2 from Daniel Hardman.

    Screenshots/Tables/Diagrams (numbered for reference in notes above)


    Denotes the official name for a stage defined in the Linux Foundation Joint Development Foundation process document.


    • Sample Decision ItemNone

    Action Items