Meeting Date


Zoom Meeting Link / Recording


Main Goal of this Meeting

Update the full WG about the progress of the Technology Architecture Task Force.

Agenda Items and Notes (including all relevant links)

TimeAgenda ItemLeadNotes
5 min
  • Start recording
  • Welcome & antitrust notice
  • Introduction of new members
  • Agenda review
  • Antitrust Policy Notice: Attendees are reminded to adhere to the meeting agenda and not participate in activities prohibited under antitrust and competition laws. Only members of ToIP who have signed the necessary agreements are permitted to participate in this activity beyond an observer role.
  • New Members:
5 minGeneral announcementsAll

Updates from TSWG members of general interest to the group.

Kaliya Young  

Interop WG at DIF (co-chair) - discussing work ahead for Q1

Antti Kettunen - generic composable patterns/models; Candidate for future Task Forces

0 minsReview of Action Items from the previous meetingChairsNone
15 minsTask Force ReportsTF Leads

Trust Registry TF — Darrell O'Donnell

  • Darrell O'Donnell to get docs into github and share out.
  • TR v1.0 to focus on the very limited
  • <<DARRELL - add v1.1/v2.0 discussion >>

ACDC TF — Samuel Smith Phil Feairheller 

  • First 3 - SAID; CESR; CESR Proof Sigs - out as Draft IETF RFCs.
  • Next 2 - re-creation of top-level ACDC specification (template was from TIPs era). Now re-casting in IETF RFC-esque format. 
  • Combining Cred Issuance and Presentation Exchange as a first pass. Request A Credential is VERY similar to Request a Proof/Presentation Request
    • Darrell added others are keeping those separate but there is a third (basic comms - Request a Thing where Thing is (Credential | Proof Request / Presentation Request ). This is composability in action.
  • casual note that KERI exchange was based on an older (2 IIWs ago) version of WACI PEX (aka Killer Whale Jello Salad)

Technology Architecture TF (TATF) — Drummond Reed

  • Very active discussions underway in the Thursday meetings. See the special topic below.
25 minsTATF - DIDComm / KERI alignment

Darrell O'Donnell
and TATF members

See the notes from recent meetings (see diagram #1 below):

  • 2022-01-20 TATF Meeting Notes
  • KEY to view recording (bullet above)
  • DIDComm and KERI are aligning so delineating things is helpful. e.g. Authenticity first and non-Repudiation at the identifier vs. message level were key takeaways. 
  • Delayed non-repudiation - e.g. an anonymous and unlinked (zero reputation) identifier can LATER be tied to other identifiers.
  • Wenjing - added that DIDComm may need de-/re-composition similar to what's happening at KERI. 
  • Privacy & Confidentiality - are these Layer 3 (or boundary 2/3) constructs? Bart Suichies
    • Portability of DIDComm is about abstracting transport and enabling communication of "secure" information.
  • DIDComm team - TATF needs input from leaders in DIDComm, particularly in relation to decomposition and KERI learnings.
  • +1 on DIDComm references to self-sovereign interactions
5 minsAny other business

Discuss future Patterns Task Forces

  1. 1+ leader needs to step forward at the time.
  2. TF needs to report back up to the TSWG regularly.
  3. Create a WIKI page for the _____ Task Force; Suggest TATF as an exemplar.
5 mins
  • Review decisions/action items
  • Planning for next meeting 

Screenshots/Diagrams (numbered for reference in notes above)



  • None

Action Items

  • Darrell O'Donnell to prepare a ToIP github for the Trust Registry Task Force and the ToIP Trust Registry Protocol Specification.

  • No labels