Meeting Date


Zoom Meeting Link / Recording


Main Goal of this Meeting

Track progress with deliverables and introduce the topic of terminology, terms wikis, and mental models.

Agenda Items and Notes (including all relevant links)

TimeAgenda ItemLeadNotes
5 min
  • Start recording
  • Welcome & antitrust notice
  • Introduction of new members
  • Agenda review
  • Antitrust Policy Notice: Attendees are reminded to adhere to the meeting agenda and not participate in activities prohibited under antitrust and competition laws. Only members of ToIP who have signed the necessary agreements are permitted to participate in this activity beyond an observer role.
  • New Members:
  • ACTION: Drummond Reed talk to Elisa about new Zoom Room.
5 minsReview of previous action itemsChairs
30 minsTask Force reportsTF Leads
  • Trust Assurance TF — Scott Perry  
    •  Comment period for Trust Criteria Matrix and Trust Criteria Matrix Companion Guide has completed.  Need approval vote with GSWG.
    • Scott reported that there has not been much additional feedback.
    • Karen Hand did provide an editing review of the Companion Guide.
    • Scott did a quick run-through of the Trust Criteria Matrix and the Companion Guide.
    • We discussed the relationship of different documents that we want to advance. From a sequence standpoint, the highest priority is the ToIP Governance Metamodel & Companion Guide.
    • Judith Fleenor is going to connect with Scott about putting them into the template.
    • DECISION: Trust Criteria Matrix and Trust Criteria Matrix Companion Guide are approved as a Working Group Approved Deliverable. 
    • Scott reported that he is suspending the weekly meetings of the Trust Assurance Task Force since it has completed all of its deliverables at this time.
    • Ricky Ng-Adam has suggested to his government contacts that they should join ToIP. 
    • Scott mentioned the good news about the Province of Ontario's publishing their digital identity strategy that explicitly includes ToIP
    • Steve Magennis asked if ISO 23220 Part 5 was on Scott's radar? The standard deals with mobile driver's licenses. Part 5 deals with trust confidence levels. Steve offered to make a connection there if it would help.
      • If we want to do something larger, we can make a formal connection, but we can start more informally.
      • Daniel Bachenheimer brought up ISO SC 17 WG 3, which is focused on security for travel documents. It has been discussed about pursuing an ISO WG on healthcare.
      • Scott brought up other ISO WG 17 SCs  - see screenshot #1
      • Even though these ISO standards take a long time, we want to be involved.
      • Dan said he is the SC 37 liaison officer to ISO TC 307 on blockchain, so he can help there too.
  • Governance Architecture TF — Drummond Reed
  • ToIP Stack Design Principles TF — Drummond Reed
    • See Design Principles for the ToIP Stack (Google doc draft).
    • Good progress — document is approx. half way done — goal is to finish as quickly as possible.
    • Strongly encourage input/feedback of GSWG members.
10 minsTerminology and Mental ModelsDrummond Reed
  • The Concepts and Terminology Working Group is rolling out a capability for ToIP WGs to create their own terms wikis.
  • We need to start this process to have defined terms and glossaries for our deliverables.
  • However, it is strongly recommended that we dig deeper to determine if we want to base these terms in sound mental models
  • Rieks Joosten has been leading a team building these mental models at eSSIF-Lab — see the Overview of eSSIF-Lab Mental Models
  • Do we want to begin this work, and if so, should we start a GSWG Terminology & Mental Models Task Force?
  • Carly Huitema asked how a mental model differed from an ontology?
    • Drummond posited that a mental model is in fact a very simply ontology designed for one specific scope.
  • We ran out of time to discuss further on this call.
  • ACTION: Drummond Reed to start an async discussion on the topic of GSWG terminology, glossaries, and mental models on the #governance-stack-wg Slack channel.
5 minsAny other business

5 mins
  • Review decisions/action items
  • Planning for next meeting 
  • Our next special topic meeting is in 2 weeks.

Screenshots/Diagrams (numbered for reference in notes above)



Action Items

  • No labels