Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

08, December 2020  — 11:00 PT, 14:00 ET, 19:00 UTC, 20:00 CET

Send an email to to request a calendar invite (you can subscribe to the mailing list at

RECORDING (North America / Europe)



  • Assign action items for next meeting
  • Establish work plan for WG deliverables and workflow guidance
  • Gather agenda suggestions for next meeting

Agenda Items

1 minWelcomeA. Kudra
2 mins

Antitrust Policy Notice

A. Kudra
5 mins

New Introductions

A. Kudra
  • None
2 mins

Review / Approve minutes from last meeting(s) (10-Nov-202024-Nov-2020)

A. Kudra
  • Approved via consensus
10 minsAnnouncementsA. Kudra
20 minsUtility Project Status UpdatesUtility Representatives
5 minsTask Force SOSM. Glaude
10 minsDecision PointsA. Kudra
10 minsDiscussion TopicsA. Kudra
10 minsReview Action and Open ItemsA. Kudra
10 mins


A. Kudra

Announcement Details

  • Holiday Season Meeting Schedule 
    • Decision: 12/22 Meeting CANCELLED; Next meeting 5-Jan-2021.

Utility Projects

  • Bedrock
  • IDunion
    • Federal funding that has bootstrapped the competition phase has concluded. A new round for funding will be decided in mid-Dec. Alternatively, co-operative funding is being explored. 
  • Sovrin
    • Increased transactions on MainNet and StagingNet. StagingNet is being used by the Saturn-V Aries Vendor testing efforts.
  • Indicio
    • TestNet continues to run. Working on getting MainNet up and running with 7 nodes.

UFWG APAC Interlock

  • Meeting did not happen due to very few attendees today
  • Vinod Panicker confirmed in prep meeting that KOB is planning a Utility, KOB seeking ways to govern Utility without legal entity

Task Force SOS (Scrum of Scrums)

TF NameMissionMembersStatus
UFWG deliverablesDefine and communicate to our UFWG deliverables and process. 

Drafted presentation available here

  • What are the deliverables of the UFWG? 
  • Who are the audience for each deliverable?
  • What is our deliverable process?
Best Practices Task ForceAnalyze Project Interviews, establish list of Best Practices and submit each BP using ToIP Deliverables Process.
  • (In progress) Drafting framework for evaluating public identity utilities
  • (In progress) Drafting v1 of three BP documents (based on feedback from interviews with decentralized PIU conveners/providers)
    • BP0011 - Assessing Sustainability of a PIU
    • BP0012 - Determining Affordability of a PIU
    • BP0013 - Assessing Alignment to a PIU
  • At future point, consider consolidating all best practices into one comprehensive document
Decentralization Task Force

Submit a BP deliverable and a design principle for what it means to be Decentralized. 

Jessica Townsend  (lead) 

  • What are the key attributes of a Decentralized Utility?
  • Should we consider / review the W3C DID Decentralization Rubric
    • Consider their dimensions for evaluation

Lead decided in Oct-27 meeting, added in Nov-10 meeting

Glossary Task ForceGenerate a UFWG Glossary in collaboration with the CTWG.RJ Reiser (lead) Lead added in Oct-27 meeting

Decision Points

  • Pull Request  #24 Merge / Reject Decision
    • KOB Project: Ecosystem v. Utility Project
      • Decision is to update PR with Convene Phase reqs: Complete See Issue #27
      • Send memo to CanaCred and KOB to demonstrate Convene status; Requesting representation in UFWG: Complete
    • Decision: KOB and CanaCred utilities will be unlisted until criteria is resolved. 

Discussion Topics

  • None

Action items

  • Corda network for identity, may be relevant to include as Utility project
    • Scott Perry will check with Corda regarding their identity roadmap (Corda is Sovrin Steward), Mathieu Glaude will send info to Scott\
  •  Call-for-Projects
    • All Layer 1 Project Stories need to be documented in GitHub
    • Any new projects? → See Discussion Topics
  • Education Topics for Presentations to be Scheduled
    • None
  • Set Agenda for next meeting

Open Items

Low priority items that failed gain volunteers to champion cause.

  • Andre Kudra will check with German UFWG community if they can entertain a German ToIP meeting
  • Horizontal Interop
  • UFWG Sandbox Utility
    •  The members of the UFWG need to gain experience before writing guidelines and best practices.
    • Challenge: Create a Sample Utility comprised of 3-5 nodes for testing purposes using the Blockchain Automation Framework (BAF)
    • Goal: Leverage this research exercise as a way to create BAF artifacts for Hyperledger Indy
    • Tools: Bootstrapping Node Hosting - Learn BAF
  • Education Topics