10, November 2020 — 11:00 PT, 14:00 ET, 19:00 UTC, 20:00 CET
Recording (North America / Europe)
- Dan Gisolfi
- Andre Kudra
- Mathieu Glaude
- Cameron Boozarjomehri
- Claudia Grytz
- Lynn Bendixsen
- RJ Reiser
- @Sarah Olfert
- @Jessica Townsend
- Drummond Reed
- Assign action items for next meeting
- Establish work plan for WG deliverables and workflow guidance
- Gather agenda suggestions for next meeting
|1 min||Welcome||A. Kudra|
Antitrust Policy Notice
Review / Approve minutes from last meeting (27-Oct-2020)
|10 mins||Announcements||D. Gisolfi|
|20 mins||Utility Project Status Updates||Utility Representatives|
|5 mins||Task Force SOS||A. Kudra|
|10 mins||Decision Points||D. Gisolfi|
|10 mins||Discussion Topics||D. Gisolfi|
|10 mins||Review Action and Open Items||A. Kudra|
- Updated Utility List as per Issue 17
- Update from discussion regarding Kochi Org Book (KOB) with Vinod Panicker: Understanding is that KOB will have a dedicated Hyperledger Indy utility at some point (currently prototyping with Sovrin).
- Call for interested companies that may be interested in joining. Send email request to Dan Gisolfi stating company name and contact email address.
- Soft Launch Scheduled for 18 Nov 2020.
Competition phase in final stages, proposal has been handed in to German Federal Ministry of Economic Affairs for execution phase. Final project report is work in progress. Activities on IDunion legal entity continue.
Indicio TestNet had successful "first upgrade" last week. DemoNet scheduled to be "live" by the end of next week, and MainNet scheduled to be "live" by the end of the year. Official announcements are forthcoming.
UFWG APAC Interlock
Task Force SOS (Scrum of Scrums)
|UFWG deliverables||Define and communicate to our UFWG deliverables and process.|
Drafted presentation available here
|Best Practices Task Force||Analyze Project Interviews, establish list of Best Practices and submit each BP using ToIP Deliverables Process.|
|Decentralization Task Force|
Submit a BP deliverable and a design principle for what it means to be Decentralized.
Jessica Townsend (lead)
Lead decided in Oct-27 meeting, added in Nov-10 meeting
|Glossary Task Force||Generate a UFWG Glossary in collaboration with the CTWG.||RJ Reiser (lead)||Lead added in Oct-27 meeting|
- Use of Kanban Boards via Trello to enable Task Forces to manage work and provide status
- Glossary Task Force has volunteered to test RJ Reiser
- Initial process model verified today with Trello; New boards and member invites forthcoming.
- Any volunteers to help define workflow?
- Triage GitHub Issues
- All Layer 1 Project Stories need to be documented in GitHub
- Any new projects?
- Education Topics for Presentations to be Scheduled
- Set Agenda for next meeting
Low priority items that failed gain volunteers to champion cause.
- Andre Kudra will check with German UFWG community if they can entertain a German ToIP meeting
- Horizontal Interop
- Establish a list of applicable use cases that would justify research
- Draft a working definition to be submitted as Issues to the Concepts and Terminology WG Repo
- UFWG Sandbox Utility
- The members of the UFWG need to gain experience before writing guidelines and best practices.
- Challenge: Create a Sample Utility comprised of 3-5 nodes for testing purposes using the Blockchain Automation Framework (BAF)
- Goal: Leverage this research exercise as a way to create BAF artifacts for Hyperledger Indy
- Tools: Bootstrapping Node Hosting - Learn BAF
- Education Topics