The mission of the ToIP Stack Design Principles (TSDP) Task Force is to draft a Design Principles deliverable specifying the overall design principles for the ToIP stack as a whole. These are the design principles that led to the original definition of the ToIP stack that is now being formally defined by the ToIP Technical Architecture Task Force of the Technical Stack WG and the ToIP Governance Architecture Task Force of the Governance Stack WG.
- Design Principles for the ToIP Stack—a specification of the overall design principles for the ToIP stack. This document is currently being drafted as a Google doc (please contact the leads if you are not able to access Google docs). Note that this will build upon other design principles deliverables from the TSWG and GSWG such as the Laws of Identity Design Principles, the Privacy by Design Principles, and the Principles of SSI.
NOTE: This deliverable consolidates the original proposals for two separate deliverables:
- DP0006 Technology Stack Design Principles
- DP0007 Governance Stack Design Principles
Please add your name to this list if you wish to be a lead:
Membership and Joining
Prior to participating in the meetings please ensure that you are a member of the Trust Over IP Foundation. Contributor level membership is available to anyone at no cost. Details can be found at this link.
To join this TF, add your name to this list:
This is a short term TF that plans to conclude its work by April 2021. Ad hoc meetings will be announced in the Slack #technology-stack-wg channel.
Key milestones will include, but are not limited to:
- Design Principles for the ToIP Stack
- First Draft — 15 March 2021
- Public Review Draft — 31 March 2021
- Final Draft — 30 April 2021
Intellectual Property Rights (Copyright, Patent, Source Code)
As a Task Force (TF) of the Governance Stack WG (GSWG), the GATF inherits the IPR terms from the GSWG JDF Charter. These include:
- Copyright mode: Creative Commons Attribution 4.0.
- Patent mode: W3C Mode (based on the W3C Patent Policy).
- Source code: Apache 2.0, available at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.html. The GSWG TA TF is not expected to produce source code.
Mailing List and Communications
This task force uses the following for communications
- Mailing List: This TF may set up its own mailing list. Watch this page for details.
- Slack: This TF will have its own dedicated Slack channel once there is enough activity.