Industry sector: Social Services
The goal of the Human Trafficking Ecosystem Working Group is to effect the transformation of global human trafficking response.
Scott Warner -secours.io
Jamie Stirling - secours.io
Jeremy Dzral - Block512.com
Karl Kneis -IdRamp.com
Philippe Page - Human Colossus Foundation
A number of questions/discussion points require exploration:
- how can ToIP tools and governance best serve victim advocacy and domestic violence groups?
- how can ToIP principals and governance be used to enhance the prevention of human trafficking in such areas as recruitment of victims, domestic abuse, child abuse, sexual assault?
- how can credentials be applied, who benefits?
- what is the current state of human trafficking data collection, storage and unification?
- can data become the new witness/evidence for prosecutors reducing the revictimization of victims?
- can we use data to assist investigators in case prioritization?
- what does financial inclusion for for survivors look like?
- how can we use data to create ROI measurements to attract investment to address these issues?
- how can guardianship ID be applied to this issue? (Survivor advocacy is an "at will" relationship.)
- how are civil liberties addressed?
- what events and data has standing in court?
- Define and execute "To Small To Fail" deployment pilot.
- Establish ToIP architecture, governance and best practices within the global public safety sector utilizing a focus on human trafficking response
- Integrate the use of digital identity and credentials by human trafficking victims and survivors.
- Develop data strategy.
- Deploy the Overlays Capture Architecture (OCA) data capture architecture to facilitate a standardized global solution for data capture, data language unification.
- Use OCA to enhance human trafficking investigation, case prioritization and prosecution.
- Define and deploy guardianship ID in the prevention of victim recruitment and survivor advocacy.
- Integrate payment systems for use by victims and survivors.
- Understand customer end user journey
- Define customer success, measurement, KPIs
- Define organizational success, measurement & KPIs
- Determine goals and needs of participating organizations
- Cost analysis of digital trust ecosystems
- Various compliance analysis
- End user privacy, safety, trust, and ethical behavior
- End user acquisition and retention strategies
- Organizational structure, protocols, and processes
- Financial/capital structure and economic models (revenue, cost structure, fundraising)
- Refine engineering and product development models
- Partnerships (technology, marketing, channels)
- Communications and public relations
- Advocacy and regulatory environment
- Existing or Competitive Alternatives
- At what level is digital literacy in this space?
- Guideline development
- Define operational and procedural rules for VC issuance and verification
- Regional Implementation prioritization.
- Define best practices
- Establish non-profit 501.c.3 fiscal sponsor - Completed. The Soteria Institute www.soteriainstitute.org
- Build Website - Completed
- Set-up donation payment systems - Completed
- Set up social media for fund raising launch - In process
- Set up GoFundMe account - Completed
- Launch GoFundMe Campaign - March 2021
- Lay groundwork for "Too Small to Fail" deployment pilots. Central Oregon - Cambodia - In process
- Secure payments partner for deployment pilots. - Completed
- Execute Too Small to Fail deployment pilots.
References and Links
STANFORD UNIVERSITY HUMAN TRAFFICKING DATA LAB
Responding to Human Trafficking - Author: Alicia W. Peters Univ. of Pennsylvania