The purpose of the SUGF Task Force is to review, update and refresh the existing Sovrin Governance Framework with specific focus on Sovrin Ledger, a ToIP Layer 1 public utility to support the Sovrin Ecosystem and all other digital trust ecosystems. This Task Force is a sister effort to the Sovrin Ecosystem Governance Framework (SEGF) Task Force, a ToIP Layer 4 ecosystem who purpose is to enable self-sovereign identity (SSI) as a universal service.
For background on both the SEGF and SUGF, see this document from the Sovrin Governance Framework Working Group. The governance authority for both the SEGF and SUGF is the Sovrin Foundation, a U.S. 501(c)4 non-profit public trust organization.
- A set of documents for the Sovrin Foundation to govern the Sovrin Utility. These documents are considered to be an evolutionary development of the existing Sovrin Governance Framework V2.
Membership and Joining
Prior to participating in the meetings please ensure that you are a member of the Trust Over IP Foundation. Contributor level membership is available to anyone at no cost. Details can be found at this link.
To join this TF, add your name to this list:
- Drummond Reed, Evernym
This Task Force is at present scheduled to meet weekly. Meeting agenda and notes are maintained here.
Meeting times are as
8:00am San Francisco | 11:00am New York
4:00pm London | 5:00pm Paris / Berlin | 6:00pm Cape Town
9:30pm New Delhi
12:00am Hong Kong | 1:00am Seoul
3:00am Sydney | 5:00am Auckland
For meeting invites please reach out to the convenors/chairs
A tentative set of milestones (to be reviewed and updated in the coming weeks) is available from this link.
Intellectual Property Rights (Copyright, Patent, Source Code)
As a Task Force (TF) of the Utility Foundry WG (UFWG), the GATF inherits the IPR terms from the GSWG JDF Charter. These include:
- Copyright mode: Creative Commons Attribution 4.0.
- Patent mode: W3C Mode (based on the W3C Patent Policy).
- Source code: Apache 2.0, available at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.html. The GSWG TA TF is not expected to produce source code.
Mailing List and Communications
This task force uses the following for communications
- Mailing List: To Be Updated
- Slack: To Be Updated (naming aligned with the WG naming scheme)