Meeting Date

  • The CTWG meets bi-weekly on Mondays at 10:00-11:00 PT / 18:00-19:00 UTC. See the ToIP Calendar for the full schedule.

Zoom Meeting Recording


Agenda Items and Notes (including all relevant links)

TimeAgenda ItemLeadNotes
3 min
  • Start recording
  • Welcome & antitrust notice
  • Introduction of new members
  • Agenda review
  • Antitrust Policy Notice: Attendees are reminded to adhere to the meeting agenda and not participate in activities prohibited under antitrust and competition laws. Only members of ToIP who have signed the necessary agreements are permitted to participate in this activity beyond an observer role.
  • New Members: none
5 minGeneral announcementsAll

Any news and updates of general interest to CTWG members

  • Nicky Hickman shared that the Overcoming Human Harm Challenge is upcoming, and she'll be making a presentation in the ToIP All-Member Meeting this coming Wednesday.
  • Neil Thomson said that he and Rieks have been having a discussion about qualified names, i.e., adding a qualifier so a term is unique and traceable.
  • Drummond Reed shared that the first meeting of the new Trust Spanning Protocol Task Force is on Wednesday (both NA/EU and APAC).
    • Drummond is excited to get this effort started. There is strong interest from both the DIDComm and KERI folks. His goal is to go to Internet Identity Workshop in April with at least a strawman draft.
  • Neil Thomson commented that there is interest in separate governance TF's to mirror the TSPTF.  He said Scott Perry suggested the GSWG identify risks and ensure that these are reflected in a separate governance doc that goes w/ the tech requirements. The same is true for the Trust Registry Task Force.
  • Dates have changed to make room for the Trust Registry TF weekly meetings which are gathering strong attendance to make rapid progress.
    • The TSPTF will meet for both NA/EU and APAC time slots on two Wednesdays each month.
    • The Trust Registry TF is meeting in both NA/EU and APAC time slots every Thursday.
    • Check the ToIP Calendar for exact dates/times/Zoom links. 
  • Drummond Reed commented Trust Registries are at intersect of tech & governance — which reminded him of Rieks Joosten paper called "Decentralized SSI Governance".

ACTION: Drummond Reed to check with Judith Fleenor about converting  "Decentralized SSI Governance" into a ToIP template to publish it as a white paper.

2 minReview of previous action itemsChairs
  • ACTION: Judith Fleenor will check with Elisa Trevino and the LF Program Management office about how EasyCLA permissions work and what needs to be done to enable it to work with our repos (and solve Nicky Hickman's issue). Note: Brian suggested the solution may be able to turn off EasyCLA on that branch.
  • ACTION: Rieks Joosten, Chadha, and Brian Richter all need maintainer permissions for all Terminology Toolbox 2.0 repos. 
  • ACTION: Brian Richter to prepare a proposed SOW (Statement of Work) for the CTWG Terminology Toolbox 2.0 work and send it to Rieks Joosten, Drummond Reed, and Judith Fleenor.
  • ACTION: Drummond Reed and Neil Thomson to coordinate on an action plan for the Technology Architecture TF terms wiki and glossary.
5 minUpdate on the TEv2 SOWJudith Fleenor 

Status check on progress.

ACTION: Brian Richter will email Judith Fleenor a current copy of the TEv2 SOW.

20 minUpdate on TEv2 project progress

Rieks Joosten Brian Richter

General project update.

  • Brian is waiting for SOW to be approved.
  • There is a developers-team that has maintenance privileges for the CTWG-repo's.
  • We propose to leave the repos for now, but clean them up once the toolbox becomes operational
  • Chadha has the TRRT working locally, but has experienced some problems with Github actions. She'll contact Andor Kesselman to help out.
10 minReview of Github Admin Requests SpreadsheetChairs

I've added an inventory of the repos that are under 'CTWG curation'. It's quite a list, which I think will benefit from a cleanup. @Drummond Reed can you make that an agenda item for the upcoming CTWG meeting?

Rieks pointed out that we currently have about 7 CTWG repos, and some can be deprecated. He suggests that we finish the TEv2 work, and then we can decide how to refactor.

We discussed the issue of the current V1 glossary generation tool not working due to EasyCLA being turned on.

  • Brian was on the call that Judith had with Jaquin about how to fix that. Jaquin did not know the answer about what to do about it, so he opened a ticket with the EasyCLA team.
  • Neil suggested that a human creating a PR to start the process of generating a new glossary and publish it to the GitHub branch.
  • Drummond Reed recalled that the V1 code could do either auto-generation of a new glossary anytime the terms wiki is changed, and also controlled publication when a curator approved. Rieks Joosten said only the former was implemented by Daniel.
  • Nicky Hickman is wondering if there is a workaround that doesn't have to be fully manually generated.
  • Brian Richter suggested that he could find the way to use the current script but find a way to produce a glossary from pull from the HXWG terms wiki and produce a glossary "manually" to get around the EasyCLA bug.

ACTION: Brian Richter to help Nicky Hickman produce a glossary document from the HXWG terms wiki by working around the EasyCLA manually.

10 minReport on ToIP Technology Architecture V1.0 Specification glossary

Status check on progress.

5 mins
  • Review decisions/action items
  • Planning for next meeting 

Nicky asked about the Mental Models Task Force proposal.

ACTION: Drummond Reed to add a status report on the Mental Models Task Force proposal to the agenda of the next meeting.


  • None

Action Items

  • No labels