Meeting Date

The GSWG meets bi-weekly on Thursdays at 11:00-12:00 PT / 18:00-19:00 UTC. Check the ToIP Calendar for meeting dates.

Zoom Meeting Recording


Main Goal of this Meeting

1) Update on Technology Stack WG progress that affects GSWG, 2) Report and next steps with the Governance Architecture Task Force.

Agenda Items and Notes (including all relevant links)

TimeAgenda ItemLeadNotes
5 min
  • Start recording
  • Welcome & antitrust notice
  • Introduction of new members
  • Agenda review
  • Antitrust Policy Notice: Attendees are reminded to adhere to the meeting agenda and not participate in activities prohibited under antitrust and competition laws. Only members of ToIP who have signed the necessary agreements are permitted to participate in this activity beyond an observer role.
  • New Members:
    • Sheerwood Moore
5 minsReview of action items from previous meetingChairsNone
10 minsAnnouncementsTF Leads

10 minsSolicitation for GSWG Chair and Co-Chair

We will request interest in any nominations for new Chair/Co-Chairs for the Governance Stack Working Group

  • Drummond would like to step down as chair (and can remain involved as vice-chair if selected)
    • We are soliciting nominations of co-chair and vice chairs of the WG
    • We are looking for two vice-chairs
10 minsCadence for 2023 GSWG Meetings

GSWG Meeting schedules will be re-issued in 2023.  What should change?

All of Trust over IP is changing their meeting invitations and potentially cadences as well.

What are some alternatives for this GSWG meeting? - any suggestions?

GATF - meeting every second week in January.

Trust over IP calendar is in EST (on the website). Subscribe to each calendar invite to get it in your local time.

GATF -Latest Google Doc:

Action: Scott Perry will add GSWG meetings to the ToIP calendar reset calendar request

15 mins

Discussion of Draft ToIP/IEEE Governance 
  • Scott and Savita will kick around progress for a joint ToIP/IEEE white paper on governance.
  • IEEE mandatory review (multi-step) ongoing currently for publication of the blockchain governance document.
  • ToIP/IEEE Governance Design Plan - meta level documentation, combine blockchain documentation of governance from IEEE with the Governance metamodel of ToIP
    • Continue with the museum pass as a use case and overview thus of the ToIP solution.
    • Overview and approach (targets of governance at highest levels and within each).
    • Combining ideas from both sets of documents
  • IEEE documentation is around blockchain but is really around decentralized ecosystems.
  • Targets of governance - out of work from GATF - what aspects of the ecosystem needs to be held accountable.
    • Join the Task Force where active discussion is happening

  • Are we developing a GDK (Governance Development Kit) a parallel idea to SDK. (instead of a methodology)
5 mins
  • Review decisions/action items
  • Planning for next meeting 

The December 15th meeting was supposed to be a review of the ToIP Technology Architecture V1.0 Specification to analyze what it means for the ToIP Governance Stack. However it turns out Drummond has a conflict with a trip to see John Jordan, his team, and other ToIP members in Victoria BC on Thursday and Friday Dec 15/16. This meeting will be done instead in January.


  • None

Action Items

  • Action: Scott Perry will add GSWG meetings to the ToIP calendar reset calendar request

  • No labels