Meeting Date

The GSWG meets bi-weekly on Thursdays at 11:00-12:00 PT / 18:00-19:00 UTC. Check the ToIP Calendar for meeting dates.

Zoom Meeting Recording


Main Goal of this Meeting

Updates from the GSWG Community

Agenda Items and Notes (including all relevant links)

TimeAgenda ItemLeadNotes
5 min
  • Start recording
  • Welcome & antitrust notice
  • Introduction of new members
  • Agenda review
  • Antitrust Policy Notice: Attendees are reminded to adhere to the meeting agenda and not participate in activities prohibited under antitrust and competition laws. Only members of ToIP who have signed the necessary agreements are permitted to participate in this activity beyond an observer role.
  • New Members:
10 minsAnnouncementsChairs

News or events of interest to Governance Stack WG members:

  • Bermuda
  • Australia (NSW)
  • State of Rhode Island
  • UK
  • Canada
10 minsUpdate on the Governance Architecture Task ForceCarly Huitema Updates on yesterday's meetings and next steps.
30 minsDiscussion of the proposed ToIP Interoperability Certification Framework

At last Wednesday’s Steering Committee discussion meeting, two guest speakers from Avast (Allan Thomson and Charlie Walton) presented a proposal for ToIP to commit to a two year plan towards creating a ToIP Interoperability Certification Framework (slides here).   

We had a spirited discussion on the topic:

  • Salvatore DAgostino : "Fwiw,  beside the efforts on notice and consent, I run a laboratory for the testing physical access device (card readers and door controllers) interoperability based on adherence to a protocol (ISO/IEC 60839-11-5) relatively simple compared to the ToIP stack, but some lessons learned there particularly around documenting the test cases and tools to provide people so the lab does not end up being QC for the vendors…happy to share lessons learned there."
  • Neil Thomson : "For interop, only a test case counts, which can include a stand alone interop test (against a 'dummy' entity at the "other end of the phone line")"
  • Drummond Reed : "+1. And those test cases are defined by the Interoperability Profile."
5 mins
  • Review decisions/action items
  • Planning for next meeting 

We agreed that in a December special topic meeting, we should review the list of ToIP Technology Architecture Specification requirements (MUSTs, SHOULDs, MAYs) to see which cast new requirements on the first generation ToIP Governance Architecture specs.

ACTION: Scott Perry to put this on the agenda for the December 15th meeting.


  • None

Action Items

  • ACTION: Chairs to schedule another GSWG special topic meeting on December 15 to review the ToIP Technology Architecture Specification requirements list (Appendix A) to see what (if any) cast new requirements on the first generation ToIP Governance Architecture specs.

  • No labels