Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Meeting Date


Zoom Meeting Link / Recording


Main Goals of this Meeting

Update from co-chair Scott Perry; discussion of resource requirements for layer-specific GF templates; completing the GSWG glossary entries.

Agenda Items and Notes (including all relevant links)

TimeAgenda ItemLeadNotes
5 min
  • Start recording
  • Welcome & antitrust notice
  • Introduction of new members
  • Agenda review
  • Antitrust Policy Notice: Attendees are reminded to adhere to the meeting agenda and not participate in activities prohibited under antitrust and competition laws. Only members of ToIP who have signed the necessary agreements are permitted to participate in this activity beyond an observer role.
  • New Members:
2 minsReview of action items from previous meetingChairs
  • ACTION: CHAIRS to develop a recommendation about how the approval process for a governance framework recommendation should work (with the Yoma Rules GF being the first potential test case)
5 minsGeneral announcementsTF Leads

News or events of general interest to Governance Stack WG members:

  • The DID Conference Korea 2022 will be held Feb 22 from Feb 22, 2022 (TUE) 09:00 ~ 18:00 (KST). It will be all online and open to anyone to attend (there will be a small fee).
    • ACTION: Drummond Reed to send an email to our mailing list once it is available.
  • Vikas Malhotra has launched the WOPLLI website at
    • The site disabled cookies altogether, and Vikas said that there has been good feedback about how bold that step was.
3 minsToIP blog post on GSWG deliverablesChairs

The ToIP blog post to announce the publication of our 3 new ToIP Approved Deliverables is drafted (as a Google doc) and ready to go into review with the ToIP Communications Committee.

5 minLearning Pathway for GSWG deliverablesCarly Huitema

See this Slack thread. To quote Carly:

"Is anyone in Governance interested in working with me to organize the governance metamodel documentation to be pulled together in a learning module?"

  • Carly has started a draft of a Learning Pathway for our governance deliverables.
  • This can make it much easier for newcomers to learn about a particular ToIP subject.
  • Drummond Reed was super excited about establishing these for different ToIP subjects.
  • Carly said they should not be that hard to write. They also can help identify gaps that need to be filled.
  • Scott shared that having Learning Pathways will be very helpful for his new firm (below).
    • Carly asked Scott to help identify what learning pathway(s) would be needed.
    • She also made the point that different Learning Pathways can be assembled into larger chunks.
    • Scott agreed that we can build a "tree" of these over time.
  • Carly wants to keep the initial investment low for the authors and the value high for learners.
    • It could be similar to the draft blog post (above).
    • It could also be delivered in multiple formats, i.e., a document, a slide deck, a video.
  • Savita also envisioned that it could be an interactive document/workflow that outputs a governance framework document.
  • ACTION: CHAIRS to put the Learning Pathway Outline Drafting as our first agenda item for the next meeting.
20 minsSpecial announcement from co-chair Scott PerryScott Perry

Scott Perry will share more about Monday's announcement that his CPA firm has been acquired by Schellman, the largest IT auditing and compliance firm in the U.S.

10 minsGoals and resource requirements for GSWG in 2022All

Early on in the GSWG, we agreed that our first primary milestone was to get out our baseline GSWG specifications (the 3 deliverables above). We've also published 8 additional governance, trust assurance, and risk assessment tools. 

We anticipated that once we had our baseline, the next step would be to produce layer-specific governance framework templates to publish as ToIP Recommendations. Questions we should discuss:

  1. Is this still our next priority?
  2. If so, which layer-specific template should come first?
  3. Do we have the volunteer resources within the GSWG to do this work in, say, the first half of 2021?
5 minsGSWG terms wiki and glossary developmentDrummond Reed

Drummond will explain the state of the ToIP Core Glossary and the GSWG Glossary—and the gap we need to "backfill" to publish definitions of all the terms used in our new deliverables (the ones listed above).

  • -
5 mins
  • Review decisions/action items
  • Planning for next meeting 

Screenshots/Diagrams (numbered for reference in notes above)



  • Sample Decision Item

Action Items

  • ACTION: CHAIRS to put the Learning Pathway Outline Drafting as our first agenda item for the next meeting.

  • No labels