Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Meeting Date

  • 2021-07-01 10am ET

Attendees

Main Goal of this Meeting:

Discuss the primary deliverables and action items to be performed until the next meeting.

Agenda 

TimeItemLeadNotes
5 min

Start recording
Welcome
Antitrust Policy Notice: Attendees are reminded to adhere to the meeting agenda and not participate in activities prohibited under antitrust and competition laws. Only members of ToIP who have signed the necessary agreements are permitted to participate in this activity beyond an observer role.
Agenda review

Chairs
5 minIntroduction of new membersAll
5-10 mins

Report on action item from last week:

ACTION: Drummond Reed to create the X.509 PKD interop wiki page and baseline proposal 

5-10 minsOpenAPI in github and Trust Registry Relay decision

Darrell O'Donnell virtually

Drummond Reed leading discussion

15 minsDiscuss the GCCN Trust Registry Network Definition document
20 mins

Other technology approaches and open discussion

  • Ken Adler TrustRegistryNetworks.org 
  • TRAIN - Mike starting talking to Fraunhofer - they just released the code - Mike can be a point of contact
All
10 minsReview of action items & prep for next meetingChairs

Recording

<link to go here>


Notes

  1. New member introductions 
  2. X.509 PKD interop wiki page and baseline proposal - Drummond Reed
    1. This proposal is the beginning of discussion about how the Trust Registry Protocol can include conventional X.509 public key directories (PKDs)
  3. OpenAPI in github and Trust Registry Relay decision - Darrell O'Donnell(virtually)
  4. Discuss the GCCN Trust Registry Network Definition documentJohn Walker and Lucy Yang
    1. John Walker shared the strawman document Defining the GCCN Trust Registry Network
  5. Other technology approaches and open discussion
    1. Ken Adler - trustregistrynetworks.org
      1. This came out of an effort to expose cryptographic primitives in a standard way.
      2. The GCCN use case was a "deceptively simple" example of the need.
      3. So Ken and his team started an open source project.
      4. Requirements included: operating at the edge, low resource consumption, policy-as-code, describing governing authorities and digital trust ecosystems in a delarative manner.
      5. Currently several Thoughtworks devs are working on the project
      6. The hope is that the project can fit within various architectures that need these capabilities.
      7. Location: 
    2. TRAIN - Mike Richardson  
      1. ACTION: Mike Richardson to see if he can arrange for TRAIN rep to come to the July 15 meeting
      2. https://gitlab.grnet.gr/essif-lab/infrastructure/fraunhofer
  6. Discussion of machine-readable rules
    1. Jim St.Clair is assuming that there is a need for rules for ultimately making trust decisions
    2. Ken Adler provided feedback that the baseline was just verifying DIDs and URIs
    3. John Walker shared that the rules about something like Good Health Pass travel requirements will be in a governance framework ("inside the trust diamond"), but that they don't necessarily have to be in machine-readable rules, but the different TRs can have different levels of support for machine-readable rules
      1. So the business rules reside at two levels - what are the rules of interacting with the TR, and what are the rules with the ecosystem for a particular TR
      2. We need to explore the machine-readable mechanisms
  7. Review of action items & prep for next meeting
    1. Darrell O'Donnell Focus on a definition of the MVP
    2. John Walker the set of user stories that will give us the requirements for the "absolutely bare bones"
    3. Lucy Yang will share a diagram of the user flow from a GCCN standpoint


Decisions

  •  None

Action Items

  • ACTION: Mike Richardson to see if he can arrange for TRAIN rep to come to the July 15 meeting
  • ACTION: Darrell O'Donnell to focus on a definition of the Trust Registry Protocol MVP
  • ACTION: John Walker to define the set of user stories that will give us the requirements for the "absolutely bare bones"
  • ACTION: Lucy Yang to share a diagram of the user flow from a GCCN standpoint


  • No labels