11, May 2021  — 11:00 PT, 14:00 ET, 18:00 UTC, 20:00 CET

Send an email to utility-foundry-wg@lists.trustoverip.org to request a calendar invite (you can subscribe to the mailing list at lists.trustoverip.org).

RECORDING (North America / Europe)



  • Assign action items for next meeting
  • Establish work plan for WG deliverables and workflow guidance
  • Gather agenda suggestions for next meeting

Antitrust Policy

Agenda Items

1 minWelcomeA. Kudra
2 mins

Antitrust Policy Notice

A. Kudra
15 minsUdpate on Good Health PassD. O'Donnell
20 minsIndicio Introduction & AMALynn Bendixsen
20 minsIDunion Introduction & AMAA. Kudra
5 minsAnnouncementsChairs
20 minsTask Force SOS (Scrum of Scrums)

Task Force Leads

Status update or preferably Show-and-tell from all task forces.
10 minsDecision PointsA. Kudra
10 minsDiscussion TopicsA. Kudra
10 mins


A. Kudra

Update on Good Health Pass

Udpate on Good Health Pass provided by Darrell O'Donnell

Indicio Introduction & AMA

Introduction to Indicio networks provided by Lynn Bendixsen

What can be frustration points? → Technical matters are usually sorted out quickly but formal matters (e.g. document signatures) may be time consuing

Could auth rules be used to create trust registries? → Auth rules define privileges for functions which can be executed on the network; trust registry is more a verifcation list not a transaction permission list

IDunion Introduction & AMA

Introduction to IDunion provided by Andre Kudra


  • Public Identity Utility Projects
    • Bedrock
      • Tech SC working on instantiating test net.
    • IDunion
      • Work stream kick-offs are underway and close to completion.
      • Stream leads are looking into open source contributions via project members.
    • Sovrin
      • Ramping up the Sovrin Membership Program.
      • Technical upgrading to Ubuntu 20.4 wip.
    • Indicio
      • First schema and cred def on mainnet. 
    • Canacred
      • First draft of legal agreements wip, requirement for convening the network.
  • Call-for-Participation to all of ToIP to aid Jessica Townsendin the development of the Decentralization by Design on April 5th. Still no volunteers. Jessica acquired resources from Accenture. Update in next call.
  • EFWG maintain list of ecosystems - no status update from EFWG.
  • Lynn Bendixsen will be speaker at Hyperledger Global Forum: How to implement a Hyperledger Indy network. Date: Tue June-9 2021.

Task Force SOS (Scrum of Scrums)

TF NameMissionMembersStatus

Utility Project Implementation Guide Task Force

Create the getting started guide for prospective Utility Projects.

IG0029: Utility Project Guide

A new repo has been created and the TF has issued its first objective. Lynn seeks assistance on repo publishing with Mac.

TF is discussing outline and questions to be answered for prospective projects. 

Draft Doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zysi79y5vxNBxhL7yI0M6FAViC_E2VUutUfT5Eac7CA/edit?usp=sharing

Best Practices Task ForceAnalyze Project Interviews, establish list of Best Practices and submit each BP using ToIP Deliverables Process.
  • Drafting framework for evaluating public identity utilities (BP0014) (v2)
  •  Drafting v1 of three BP documents (based on feedback from interviews with decentralized PIU conveners/providers)*
    • BP0015 - Assessing Sustainability of a PIU (v1)
    • BP0016 - Determining Affordability of a PIU (v1)
    • BP0017 - Assessing Alignment to a PIU
  • Backlog
    • Dashboard Health / Network Monitoring (Example)

*At future point, consider consolidating all best practices into one comprehensive document

SUGGESTION: Interlocking with Saturn-V TF as a first user of these Best Practices.

Decentralization Task Force

Submit a BP deliverable and a design principle for what it means to be Decentralized.

Jessica Townsend  (lead) 

Dan Gisolfi 

Mathieu Glaude

Glossary Task ForceGenerate a UFWG Glossary in collaboration with the CTWG.RJ Reiser (lead) Still pending CTWG process. Submissions under review.

Decision Points

  • We will schedule presentation from willing PIU in upcoming WG session. We will dedicate a WG session for this.
    • Andre to coordinate
    • Indicio and IDunion: Will be covered in next UFWG meeting. Approx. 25 minutes each. Introduction and AMA (Ask me Anything). May-11 2021. Tba in Slack for everyone in ToIP.
    • BBU: tbd
  • Lynn Bendixsenis planning an IIW presentation next week. He has requested the mention of our WG, our workflow and our general activity.
    • No approval required.

Discussion Items

  • Good Health Pass - WHO Trusted Registries. What is the interlock?

Open Items

Low priority items that failed gain volunteers to champion cause.

  • UFWG Sandbox Utility
    •  The members of the UFWG need to gain experience before writing guidelines and best practices.
    • Challenge: Create a Sample Utility comprised of 3-5 nodes for testing purposes using the Blockchain Automation Framework (BAF)
    • Goal: Leverage this research exercise as a way to create BAF artifacts for Hyperledger Indy
    • Tools: Bootstrapping Node Hosting - Learn BAF