19, January 2021 — 11:00 PT, 14:00 ET, 19:00 UTC, 20:00 CET
RECORDING (North America / Europe)
- Dan Gisolfi
- Mathieu Glaude
- Sarah Olfert
- Claudia Grytz
- Drummond Reed
- Lynn Bendixsen
- Cameron Boozarjomehri
- Assign action items for next meeting
- Establish work plan for WG deliverables and workflow guidance
- Gather agenda suggestions for next meeting
|1 min||Welcome||A. Kudra|
Antitrust Policy Notice
Review / Approve minutes from last meeting(s) (05-Jan-2021)
|10 mins||Announcements||A. Kudra|
|20 mins||Utility Project Status Updates||Utility Representatives|
|5 mins||Task Force SOS||M. Glaude|
|10 mins||Decision Points||A. Kudra|
|10 mins||Discussion Topics||A. Kudra|
|10 mins||Review Action and Open Items||A. Kudra|
- ToIP Deliverables Portal
- Saturn V TIP
- Sovrin Ledger Instrumentation and Monitoring Dashboard should be considered as a Best practice.
- Indy DID Method Draft addresses new advancements in Key Mgmt and Ledger Discovery
- Officially launched LF project focused on membership onboarding campaign to get to 40 members.
- GFWG members decide standup dev env.
- Spawned the start of the TSC
- Work is in progress under SSI for Germany (SSI4DE) project, presumably funding of German Federal Ministry of Economic Affairs for SSI4DE will continue in 2021 and next 3yrs.
- Plans underway to create the legal entity via a EU cooperative model, also independently from SSI4DE if needed.
- .Working on separation of Token.
- SSI Metrics Dashboard was announced.
- Indicio TestNet has been expanded to 7 nodes based on user feedback.
- DemoNet is also in process.
- Working on governance and fees a priori of formal announcement.
UFWG APAC Interlock
- Meeting of APAC group is on Thursday, Jan-7 2021, 8 am CET
- Vinod Panicker confirmed in prep meeting that KOB is planning a Utility, KOB seeking ways to govern Utility without legal entity
Task Force SOS (Scrum of Scrums)
|UFWG deliverables||Define and communicate to our UFWG deliverables and process.|
Drafted presentation available here
Utility Project Implementation Guide Task Force
|Create the getting started guide for prospective Utility Projects.|
Lynn Bendixsen (lead)
IG0029: Utility Project Guide
A new repo has been created and the TF has been issued its first objective.
TF is discussing outline and questions to be answered for prospective projects.
|Best Practices Task Force||Analyze Project Interviews, establish list of Best Practices and submit each BP using ToIP Deliverables Process.|
*At future point, consider consolidating all best practices into one comprehensive document
SUGGESTION: Interlocking with Saturn-V TF as a first user of these Best Practices.
|Decentralization Task Force|
Submit a BP deliverable and a design principle for what it means to be Decentralized.
|Glossary Task Force||Generate a UFWG Glossary in collaboration with the CTWG.||RJ Reiser (lead)||Still pending CTWG process.|
- Utility Project List
- Pull Request #24
- Decision: Close PR; Request resubmission when more appropriate.
- Pull Request #24
- All Layer 1 Project Stories need to be documented in GitHub
- Any new projects? → See Discussion Topics
- Education Topics for Presentations to be Scheduled
- Set Agenda for next meeting
Low priority items that failed gain volunteers to champion cause.
- UFWG Sandbox Utility
- The members of the UFWG need to gain experience before writing guidelines and best practices.
- Challenge: Create a Sample Utility comprised of 3-5 nodes for testing purposes using the Blockchain Automation Framework (BAF)
- Goal: Leverage this research exercise as a way to create BAF artifacts for Hyperledger Indy
- Tools: Bootstrapping Node Hosting - Learn BAF