8, June 2021 — 11:00 PT, 14:00 ET, 18:00 UTC, 20:00 CET
Send an email to email@example.com to request a calendar invite (you can subscribe to the mailing list at lists.trustoverip.org).
RECORDING HERE (North America / Europe)
- Andre Kudra
- Mathieu Glaude
- Lynn Bendixsen
- Jessica Townsend
- Stephen Curran
- Judith Fleenor
- Elisa Trevino (Linux Foundation)
- Karl Kneis
- Dave McKay
- Assign action items for next meeting
- Establish work plan for WG deliverables and workflow guidance
- Gather agenda suggestions for next meeting
|1 min||Welcome||A. Kudra|
Antitrust Policy Notice
|5 mins||Announcements / New Member Intros||Chairs|
Item 1 - UFWG MOU Discussion
|Status update or preferably Show-and-tell from all task forces.|
|10 mins||Item 2 - Review UFWG Paper and Next Steps||Jessica Townsend|
Item 3 - Discussion on Year in Review for UFWG
|10 mins||Decision Points||A. Kudra|
|10 mins||Discussion Topics||A. Kudra|
- Public Identity Utility Projects
- Nearing enough nodes to launch TestNet
- No updates from network perspective
- Announced Demo Net
- Invitation by Karl Kneis to all L1Us to provide an update to EFWG on their status and journey (recently done by IDunion and Indicio).
Task Force SOS (Scrum of Scrums)
Utility Project Implementation Guide Task Force
|Create the getting started guide for prospective Utility Projects.|
Lynn Bendixsen (lead)
A new repo has been created and the TF has issued its first objective. Lynn seeks assistance on repo publishing with Mac.
TF is discussing outline and questions to be answered for prospective projects.
Draft Doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zysi79y5vxNBxhL7yI0M6FAViC_E2VUutUfT5Eac7CA/edit?usp=sharing
Initial released version: https://trustoverip.github.io/IG0029-utility-project-guide/
|Best Practices Task Force||Analyze Project Interviews, establish list of Best Practices and submit each BP using ToIP Deliverables Process.|
Mathieu Glaude (lead)
*At future point, consider consolidating all best practices into one comprehensive document
SUGGESTION: Interlocking with Saturn-V TF as a first user of these Best Practices.
|Decentralization Task Force|
Submit a BP deliverable and a design principle for what it means to be Decentralized.
Jessica Townsend (lead)
|Glossary Task Force||Generate a UFWG Glossary in collaboration with the CTWG.||RJ Reiser (lead)||Still pending CTWG process. Submissions under review.|
- UFWG is working on comprehensive guidance doc
- Document created by Mathieu Glaude
- Contributions of all UFWG members required
- New representative of Bedrock for UFWG required
- Outreach to Bedrock consortium - Karl Kneis will reach out
- KERI witness log
- Is there interest of existing L1Us to act as KERI witness log?
- Dave McKay KERI log would be a good addition
- Stephen Curran Hyperledger Indy ledger could be acting as a KERI witness - i.e. "witness transactions"
- Revisit in 4-8 weeks and have a dedicated slot in UFWG meeting
- L1Us implementing trust registries Dave McKay
- Stewards can run different things, e.g. Indy, KERI, IPFS, trust registry
- Dave McKay report on related research work at UFWG meeting in August 2021, invite EFWG to discussion / follow-up
- Lynn Bendixsen governance of L1Us may be affected
Low priority items that failed gain volunteers to champion cause.
- UFWG Sandbox Utility
- The members of the UFWG need to gain experience before writing guidelines and best practices.
- Challenge: Create a Sample Utility comprised of 3-5 nodes for testing purposes using the Blockchain Automation Framework (BAF)
- Goal: Leverage this research exercise as a way to create BAF artifacts for Hyperledger Indy
- Tools: Bootstrapping Node Hosting - Learn BAF