Industry sector: Social Services
Welcome to the Yoma Ecosystem, thank you for checking us out! Our TF Meetings are every 2 weeks on the Tuesday at 9am EDT (see the ToIP Calendar for details). Yoma is a youth marketplace that is incubated by UNICEF in Africa. It enables young people to grow, learn, earn and thrive by completing impact challenges that benefit our environment and communities. All using a SSI-enabled digital CV and personalised learning environment.
We are youth-led, and the pace is pretty furious - all are warmly welcome. Don't forget to join our Slack Channel.
The Mission of the Yoma Ecosystem Task Force is to write a V1 Governance Framework for layers 2-4 by end September 2021. The ToIP TF will work alongside other Yoma stakeholders and will have youth agency and participation at its core.
In Scope for TF:
- Governance Framework for layers 2, 3 & 4 of the ToIP stack starting with the Ecosystem GF and including provisions for Credentials and Provider Governance Frameworks
- Maintaining core documentation, including principle document and controlled documents, managing delivery plan
- English version of the documents
Out of Scope for TF:
- Governance model and operating model for the Yoma social enterprise (will be a Yoma legal entity instead of a group of collaborators), RLabs are currently the owner of the Yoma Platform, but separate legal enterprise will be set up which will have its own governance mechanism. Likely there will be a Yoma Foundation which will also be able to receive funds, under the Foundation will be a social enterprise. Different GF but linked. Will be the GA for the GF could be either.)
- Convening and managing on the ground youth engagement. (Current approach to UX is that we have 3 reference groups of young people, 1 for UX, 2 from Better Together Africa, 3rd reference group for youth on the move, young migrants. A sub-set will support us as reference group for GF)
- Writing Legal agreements or contracts
- Future maintenance, operation and iterations of the governance framework
- Other language versions of the documents
Links & Files
Deliverables & Milestones
We are using an iterative approach to design of the GF treating governance as product and code. The overview of this process is here.
Define core principles, purpose, objectives and scope, agree approach
|Principal Document Ecosystem GF
Test the Agile Approach: Youth Journey, DESIGN, DEV
Provider Journeys DESIGN, DEV, TEST
Mop Up & TEST, Prepare to deploy
Membership and Joining
Prior to participating in the meetings please ensure that you are a member of the Trust Over IP Foundation. Contributor level membership is available to anyone at no cost. Details can be found at this link.
To join this TF, add your name to this list in the areas where you have interest or expertise.
Area of GF Expertise / Interest
Layer 4 Ecosystem
Layer 3 Verifiable Credentials
Layer 2 Agent & Wallet
Token & Value Exchange
Machine Readable Governance
Privacy-Preserving AI / ML
|(some AI/ML PhDs at SICPA may be willing to consult)
Intellectual Property Rights (Copyright, Patent, Source Code)
As a Task Force (TF) of TOIP, the TF inherits the IPR terms from the JDF Charter. These include:
- Copyright mode: Creative Commons Attribution 4.0.
- Patent mode: W3C Mode (based on the W3C Patent Policy).
- Source code: Apache 2.0, available at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.html. The GSWG TA TF is not expected to produce source code.
Mailing List and Communications
This task force uses the following for communications
- Mailing List: <TODO>
- Slack: https://trustoverip.slack.com/archives/C01MZ1VJ03V