- To develop and make available a set of documents which include (but are not limited to) a governance framework (a "GF") for verifiable digital credentials related to COVID-19 emergency response,
- To with the establishment of an appropriate governance authority (a "GA") for the GF,
- To help enable the development of tools, methods and systems which promote adoption of the GF by many organizations globally.
The CCI Governance Framework Task Force evolved from the Rules Workstream within the COVID Credentials Initiative. The focus of the Rules Workstream was, by early June 2020, to produce a first version of a Governance Framework which is aligned with the purpose of the wider CCI effort as well as aligned to the needs of the emerging ecosystem of developers, applications and systems which bring technology-centric interventions to addressing the needs originating from the pandemic.
The first set of documents produced by the Rules Workstream include the following
- CCI GF V1 - Introduction
- CCI GF V1 - Master Document
- CCI GF V1 - Credential Governance and Issuer Authority Policy
As part of its commitment to ensure that the output is widely circulated and understood the workstream also sought out volunteer-driven contributions to translations of the above documents. As on date (24-Jun-2020), the documents have received translations for over five languages, all of which are available at the CCI GF TF pages. All GF documents are free for download and use by any individuals or organizations globally.
The CCI GF TF Meeting Page can be found at the following link: CCI GF TF Meeting Page
The CCI GF V2 draft document can be found at the following link: CCI GF V2 Draft
- Chris Raczkowski, DignifID
- Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay (sankarshan), Dhiway
- Drummond Reed, Evernym
Membership and Joining
Prior to participating in the meetings please ensure that you are a member of the Trust Over IP Foundation. More detail on this can be found at this link.
To join at the Contributor Member level, there is no charge, and you do not need to join the Linux Foundation.
- If you wish to join as a Contributor Member only, please see these documents.
- If your organization is already a member of The Linux Foundation please see these documents
The CCI GF Task Force intends to create a set of easily adapted reference materials, best practices and templates, thus enabling organizations of diverse nature around the world to respond appropriately with technology while addressing the needs of a community impacted by COVID-19. The availability of this body of knowledge is expected to reduce the tension between public and private bodies around the topic of definition of a structure of authority, implementation of business, legal and technical rules and the assessment of technology infrastructure contributed in context of principles adopted by the public-private partnership.
Key deliverables will include, but are not limited to:
- A complete second version of the CCI Governance Framework which extends the available v1.0 release with inputs and feedback from the community as well as additional detail required to align with use cases designed within the COVID Credentials Initiative through "sister projects"
- An initial set of templates designed to be easily adapted by any organization desiring to adopt the products of this Task Force
- A methodology to assess any system designed for COVID-19 response for its alignment with the principles of the Governance Framework
Intellectual Property Rights (Copyright, Patent, Source Code)
As a Task Force (TF) of the Ecosystem Foundry WG (EFWG), the CCI GF TF inherits the IPR terms from the EFWG JDF Charter. These include:
- Copyright mode: Creative Commons Attribution 4.0. For the CCI GF TF, this is probably the only relevant licensing provision.
- Patent mode: W3C Mode (based on the W3C Patent Policy). The CCI GF TF is not expected to produce any deliverables subject to patent rights.
- Source code: Apache 2.0, available at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.html. The CCI GF TF is not expected to produce source code.
The group is at present working with the following set of milestones. These would be adjusted based on work completed and any blockers
|Task Item||Due By||Status|
|Outline of the Master Document for v2 with major sections outlined in Table of Contents||16-Jul-2020||Completed|
|List of all appendices to be included with Master Document for v2||16-Jul-2020||Completed; first pass|
|Completion (sign-off and availability) of first draft of main body Master Document for v2||16-Aug-2020|
|Completion (sign-off and inclusion) of first drafts of all appendices of the Master Document for v2||30-Aug-2020|
|General Availability of CCI GF v2 in English||15-Sep-2020|
Key milestones will include, but are not limited to:
- Formal content plan for the content of v2
- Publishing a set of documents enabling assessment of solutions for alignment and adoption of the Governance Framework
The work of the CCI GF TF will be complete when the participants are ready to instantiate an XXX governance authority to implement the XXX GF.
The Task Force hosts 2 sets of meetings. Meeting notes and agenda are maintained on this document.
- Weekly meetings on Monday at 4:00pm Paris/Berlin/Cape Town; 10:00am New York; 7:00am San Francisco.
- Weekly meetings on Thursday at 1300 (Seoul) ; 0930 (India)
Mailing List and Communications
This task force uses the following for communications
- Mailing List: The wide mailing list available to the members of the Ecosystem Foundry Working Group (see https://lists.trustoverip.org/groups)
- Slack: The Slack channel is available at trustoverip.slack.com instance with the channel name #cci-governanceframework-tf
We do have legacy communication channels which are used and you can choose to also subscribe to them. The usage of these forums are expected to change as the Task Force gathers momentum towards the deliverables.
- Mailing list - To join the mailing list, send an email (no subject line or body text needed) to rulesCCIfirstname.lastname@example.org
- Slack - #c-19-rules-and-governance on the rulesCCI.slack.com space