November 03, 2023


  • Judith Fleenor
  • Dan Bachenheimer
  • Drummond Reed
  • John Jordan
  • Nicky Hickman
  • Savita Farooqui


10 min

BLOG Updates and Approvals

10 minInteraction Patterns Survey - HXWG update Nicky Hickman 
2 minToIP AI Chat trainers over ToIP Data 
10 minNext Version Stack Graphics 
5 minEvent participation updates and discussion of new proposals - Interoperability Summit - Logo Use
If time allows:Open Discussion 

If time allows: On Hold Items





BLOG Updates and Approvals:

A Major Step Towards Interoperability Assurance (posted Oct. 9th)
Simplifying the Selections Process for Credential Exchange and Presentation Protocols (posted Oct. 10th)

BLOGs being worked on:
AI Blog by Wenjing
Trust Registries TF Update BLOG (confirmed)
ACDC - specs - 
Post-IIW (Mathieu didn’t have time)
DID WebS TF (Has it launched yet?) - this is drafted. Contact Lance Byrd for an update. 
AI and Metaverse Series - Ziada and Anita
ID Pro BLOG Repurpose

What is the Digital Trust Ecosystem - on hold until we have the third generation stack diagram

BLOGs Ideas

BLOG series on our Design Principles (Wenjing)
Trust Registries Taskforce - collaboration with DIF
Kantera/UK Digital Identity and Attributes Trust Framework/Schellman and ToIP BLOG (Tabled until TICF decided)
DIDs Done Right series
eIDAS/EU Digital Wallet Series - #blog-series-eidas - Antti is BACK!
ACDC Progress
Consent is becoming meaningless (Phil Wolf?)
Governance Stack blog  re  Privacy and Risk from Inputs and Semantics group. (Neil Thompson)
mobile Driver Lic presentation (TBD in the New Year)
Michel Plante is working on a blog

HXWG - Interaction Patterns Survey

Research Brief & Questions:


  • Ensure TF deliverables meet needs of ToIP members for maximum business value
  • Understand key needs/ issues for both organizations and end-users
  • Gather input and content for TF deliverables

Dates: 17th Nov - Close: 15th December

Partners / support : OIX opportunity with the Smart digital Wallets Working group.  OWF?  DIF? 

Tools & Comms:

ALSO:  Expert Series 7th December.  Organisation for Identity & Cultural Development, human framework for identity

Action Items for Nicky Hickman 

  1. Nicky to send Judith the link to the survey once it's in Gdox in Gforms.
  2. Nicky to draft a blog for luanching the survey. 
  3. Nicky to send a summary form to Judith with links that Judith can send to the other organization (DIF/OWF) to see if they are willing to send it to their working groups. Adding if they have any comments on the questions, please let us know. 

ToIP AI Chat trained over ToIP Data

AIM TF has an agenda scheduled in Dec 7 to discuss the potential use of AI agents

New ToIP Stack Graphic(s)

1) Original slide deck from TSWG: Link 

2) Newer deck produced by Governance Architecture: Link 

Third Generation ToIP Stack Diagram: Link

Event Participation Discussion

Past Events:

  • Identity Week America - Oct 3rd and 4th
  • IIW - October October 10th - 12th - Mountain View
  • Linux Member Summit - October 24th - 26th Monterey, CA


  • Interoperability Summit @ Trustech (Comexposium) in Paris on 28th November 2023
    - Daniel Bachenheimer will attend
    Do we want our Logo used at the conference?

What events do you think we should target for a ToIP submission in 2023?

  • Identity Week APAC - Nov 7th - 8th Singapore

2023-2024 - Editorial Calendar and Marketing Plan

  • What do we want to put in our Communications and Marketing Plan for 2023-2024?

○Cadence and topics of Blog Posts and Blog Series

○Video Content

  • What one pagers do we want to create?

○Targeted to what audiences?

  • What other communications calleral do we need? If there is a budget involved, what is the budget required to propose to the Budgeting committee?
  • What conferences to we want to target?

Website Updates


  • Posting of BLOGs as they are completed
  • Update Events Pages - move things to past events

Membership Upgrade Drive and Boilerplate Content

ALL On HOLD for now:

  • Bryn Offered to help with content for a Membership Upgrade Drive,
    project was put on hold - so was the Hubspot - campaign
  • John Jordan offered to work on the Pitch Deck, has asked us to hold off on that for at least another few weeks.
  • Boilerplate Content on Why Join ToIP - we could still start working on this messaging.

Next Communications Committee Meeting: 

Friday November 17, 2023

Action Items from previous meetings:

  • Past Action Item:  John Jordan will take the lead on starting the messaging for "Why to join ToIP".  Judith Fleenor has created a folder in the Communications Committee Folder - Titled: Membership Messages - ToIP - Link  
  • Past Action Item: Scott Perry and Daniel Bachenheimer assigned to this project (NIST 800-63-4 Comment) to come up with a plan with what needs to be done and to come back to the next communication meeting with the recommendation.
  • Past Action Item: Drummond Reed Wenjing Chu Daniel Bachenheimer to work on the Blog becoming an Associate Sponsor member of the Open Wallet Foundation. Link
  • Past Action Item: Drummond Reed to edit the blog post "Trust over IP Foundation Announces Judith Fleenor as New Executive Director. Adding "Judith is continuing her role as the Director of Strategic Engagement and John Jordan will continue as the Chair of Trust over IP. Once editing is complete Drummond Reed to send to Judith and John for review then send to the committee final approval then the blog will be posted. 
  • Past Action Item: Wenjing Chu to send Judith Fleenor his past presentation video in order for ToIP to get it up on the website. 
  • Past Action Item: Scott Perry to send Judith Fleenor the video he presented to the group. Scott Perry to also send Judith Fleenor the questions he asked in an email in order for Judith Fleenor to take the action to bring something back to the steering committee in the next meeting. 
  • Past Action Item:  Drummond Reed to drive the efforts to put together a post recap Dubin blog, via email the following week
  • Past Action Item:  Judith Fleenor to follow up with Jim St.Clair (and Daniel Bachenheimer) on the GHP History to replace the GHP current content. 
  • Past Action Item:  Add logo content to website and GitHub 
  • Past Action Item:  Judith Fleenor to recruit a resource to create a table tent with the ToIP Steering Committee and General members logo 
  • Past Action Item:  Judith Fleenor to recruit a resource to create the QR code for more information
  • Past Action Item:  Ajay Madhok to initiate the video content 
  • Past Action Item:  Elisa Trevino to cancel the Communication Committee meetings on September 16 and 30. 
  • Past Action Item:  Scott Perry and David Lucatch volunteered to work on Trademark registration recommendations.
  • Past Action Item: Daniel Bachenheimersaid help with a BLOG about mDL and VCs.
  • Past Action Item: Judith Fleenorto coordinate with Kaliya Youngand Chris Kelly about Cross Collaboration on papers and communications after Thanksgiving.
  • Past Action Item:  Alex Metcalf to post the discussion papers these to LinkedIn
  • Past Action Item: Ajay Madhok create an editorial calendar review/outline a strategy of the efforts for ToIP video content
  • Past Action Item: Alex Walz to provide recommendation on video content material for multi-use purpose.
  • Past Action Item: Judith Fleenor asked Alex to work on the Editorial Calendar and he mentioned that he can prioritize this in October.