Meeting Date

  • The CTWG meets bi-weekly on Mondays at 10:00-11:00 PT / 17:00-18:00 UTC. See the ToIP Calendar for the full schedule.

Zoom Meeting Recording


Agenda Items and Notes (including all relevant links)

TimeAgenda ItemLeadNotes
3 min
  • Start recording
  • Welcome & antitrust notice
  • Introduction of new members
  • Agenda review
  • Antitrust Policy Notice: Attendees are reminded to adhere to the meeting agenda and not participate in activities prohibited under antitrust and competition laws. Only members of ToIP who have signed the necessary agreements are permitted to participate in this activity beyond an observer role.
  • New Members:
    • Dashamir Hoxha is a new member at ToIP and is visiting different groups.
5 minGeneral announcementsAll

Any news and updates of general interest to CTWG members

Drummond Reed will give a quick update on Identiverse 2023.

Rieks Joosten mentions TNO is working on Party-Driven Actor (PDA) models (and yes, this includes PDAs). There is a basic model that has the core stuff (perhaps it would serve as the next version of the Party-Actor-Action model). There is an extension model that says how parties can organize the work that needs to be done to realize their objectives.

ACTION: Drummond Reed to put the new TNO Party-Driven Action model on agenda for the next meeting.

2 minReview of previous action itemsChairs
15 minUpdate on TEv2 progress
  1. Ingress tooling. As specified, ingress tools will take wiki-page sources, and convert them into curated texts in the repo that also contains the wiki pages. Brian Richter has a simple ingress tool running and shows how this works. 
  2. MRGT had some issues. Brian Richter has set up an online mrgt that people can run on PUBLIC repo's (the tool needs access...). The results still have some issues, the hi-prio ones will be fixed (shortly?)
  3. TRRT is should now be available as an NPM package (or similar) - Rieks Joosten will check on precise status; it is being tested within TNO.
  4. Focus will be on polishing the ingress tools to the extent needed by CTWG members (Nicky Hickman?), then fixing the MRGT hi-prio bugs, and then creating the HRGT - first for simple HRGs, then implementing all specified things.
  5. As a side-note: we will expect the problem of EasyCLA to become an issue again when the stuff will need to get integrated in TOIP repos

Brian showed a demo of the tools he has developed so far. See screenshots #1 thru #3 below.

Rieks asked if Brian could commit his code to a private repo so Rieks could review it.

Drummond floated the idea of using non-EasyCLA repos to avoid the EasyCLA problem.

Rieks pointed out that we'd still run into the problem with repos that need to have IPR protection. Drummond agreed we should fix it. But in the meantime we could try to keep them separate.

15 minReport on Trust Decision workflowNeil Thomson 

Neil reported that he has been looking at this in the context of the AI & Metaverse WG. Neil illustrated the challenge with the "Bob buys a car from Alice" workflow. 

See screenshot #4 for a sequence diagram of the workflow that Neil walked us through. The Trust Decision Block contains a Trust Request Block that nests the exchanges necessary to walk a "trust ladder" to establish trust (or not) between Bob and Alice. This flow can also incorporate the Trust Establishment document work currently at DIF. 

We also discussed how this workflow can underpin different trust tasks. 

Drummond asked Neil if this workflow fits with the Trust Establishment work at DIF. Neil said that there has been some dialog about this.

15 minNext steps on ToIP Glossary WorkspaceDrummond Reed 

It has been requested to move this to another Google Drive so that it can be shared outside of ToIP membership.

ACTION: Drummond Reed to move the ToIP Glossary Workspace Google doc to another location so it can be more widely shared.

We discussed the current state of the ToIP Glossary Workspace and the comments that Rieks has made.

ACTION: Drummond Reed to review Riek's comments on the ToIP Glossary Workspace and make recommendations about next steps.

5 mins
  • Review decisions/action items
  • Planning for next meeting 

Screenshots/Diagrams (numbered for reference in notes above)






  • None.

Action Items

  • No labels