- The CTWG meets bi-weekly on Mondays at 10:00-11:00 PT / 18:00-19:00 UTC. See the ToIP Calendar for the full schedule.
Zoom Meeting Recording
Agenda Items and Notes (including all relevant links)
|5 min||General announcements||All|
Any news and updates of general interest to CTWG members
DECISION: The CTWG will recommend that terms communities store explanatory texts and mental models as Markdown documents or PDFs in the same repo as their terms wiki.
|2 min||Review of previous action items||Chairs|
|10 min||Update on TEv2 progress|
Brian reported that they are making progress. Ryan is awaiting invites.
Judith clarified that Ryan should need developer write access.
They are currently looking at the MRG bugs in order to get it running.
Brian has been posting questions to Slack.
They are also working on the ingress tool.
Rieks Joosten offered to chat with Brian and Ryan in Slack to answer their questions.
|10 min||GitHub maintenance||Henk van Cann|
Henk would like to check on how we are handling GitHub repo maintenance.
Henk published this document describing the scope of the problem he has encountered and potential solutions.
We had a long discussion about this issue as it has been a continuing sore spot in our work — and it affects multiple ToIP WGs and TFs.
Henk believes we are going to need to devote budget to part-time paid resources. Drummond tends to agree, but also suggested such resources may be contributed by ToIP member companies who have GitHub experts on staff.
ACTION: Judith Fleenor, Henk van Cann, and Andor Kesselman to develop recommendations for sustainable GitHub maintenance, including definitions of the skills and roles needed and how a ToIP GitHub Support Group should be formed and maintained.
|15 min||Update on Technology Stack WG Glossary progress|
See this Glossary Workspace that Drummond has set up. The goal is to populate it with all the terms the Technology Stack WG task forces are currently discussing as a step towards both filling out the glossary and developing one or more mental models.
Rieks Joosten shared that if the stakeholders in these glossaries don't use the right process, they will do much extra work. His point is not the definitions that matter, but it is the stakeholder's conceptualizations that matter. So it is first understanding one another that is the most important.
|10 min||Mental Models Task Force|
- DECISION: The CTWG will recommend that terms communities store explanatory texts and mental models as Markdown documents or PDFs in the same repo as their terms wiki.
- ACTION: Drummond Reed to send Judith Fleenor the final Word doc and PDF of the Decentralized SSI Governance white paper.
- ACTION: Judith Fleenor, Henk van Cann, and Andor Kesselman to develop recommendations for sustainable GitHub maintenance, including definitions of the skills and roles needed and how a ToIP GitHub Support Group should be formed and maintained.
- ACTION: Drummond Reed to put the Mental Models Task Force on the agenda for the next meeting.