March 10, 2023
- Judith Fleenor
- John Jordan
- Dan Bachenheimer
- Drummond Reed
- Scott Perry
- Kaliya Young
- Michelle Janata (LF)
BLOG Updates and Approvals
|NIST 800-63-4 ToIP Comments and Unified Decentralized Identity cover
|LF Digital Trust Initiative (a marketing initiative) content development
|Membership Content Boilerplate Discussion
|Wikipedia Page Development
Event participation updates and discussion
a. Outline for Steering Committee members to follow.
|Open Discussion (as time allows)
|Action Items Updates and On Hold Items (0 min)
Antitrust Policy & Member Participation
LF has created to opportunities to learn about AntiTrust Laws:
A webinar to watch (36 min):
A Free Training Course:
BLOG Updates and Approvals:
How Do Humans Trust BLOG - this blog is approved and ready to post.
Interaction Patterns New Task Force BLOG - this blog is approved and ready to post.
EIC Blog - Action Item: Daniel Bachenheimer to create this post once he attends the EIC conference
NIST 800-63-4 ToIP Comments and Unified Decentralized Identity cover:
Comments are due by March 24th
Scott Perry has written out a paragragh of what Judith should submit in the NIST 800-63-4 Email Cover. The group has reviewed and OK'd for Judith Fleenor Judith to send out with the spreadsheet to NIST. Judith Fleenor will send it from her email address with our cover email with the spreadsheet. mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Cover Letter: Link
Judith Fleenor will reach out to Clare Nelson (DIF) next week to decide if ToIP and DIF would like to submit cross organization one to be out before the 24th of March.
LF Digital Trust Initiative (a marketing initiative) content development (15 min)
LF has agreed to create a special page/web presence on their main LF Website to elevate all the projects that LF has that are focused on different aspects of Digital Trust.
The main goal are:
To tell the story of how LF is actively involved in the creation of the future of Digital Trust and has had projects working on various aspects for years.
To help eliminate confusion in the market about what various projects are working on and how they fit together, and thus help drive participation in projects by the correct parties. A map, so to speak, of the landscape.
We have an opportunity to influence the narrative, but involved us thinking about it and writing.
NOTE: this is LF project centric, and not a map of the entire Identity and DIgital Trust landscape.
Next Steps and Input needed:
Complete the spreadsheet
Draft content for the Web Page.
Turnover, initial information to LF Marketing to do the creative elements.
Review and Iterate
Target - completing content by end of March
Create a Launch Plan.
Any Press - LF may want to do
Announcement Centered around an event OSS North America and EIC
Target full launch first week of May or end of April.
LF Digital Trust Home Page: Link
Infographic Thoughts: Link
Membership Content Boilerplate Discussion (5 min)
Bryn Offered to help with content for a Membership Upgrade Drive, project on hold
Hubspot - campaign
Boilerplate Content on Why Join ToIP
Do we want to start working on this content: Why to join ToIP.
This will be used to start to create the messaging behind Why Join ToIP. John Jordan will take the lead on starting the messaging for "Why to join ToIP".
Wikipedia Page Development (2 min)
Schellman, steering committee member, has kindly offered to help create ToIP a Wikipedia page.
Kaylan Eastepp, using information found, has created a draft for us to start from. It needs to be updated to tell our story more effectively, but also must have resources backup to reference that will be accepted by Wikipedia.
We need some volunteers with a strong knowledge of ToIP, to help edit it so that we can get a presence on Wikipedia.
Event participation updates and discussion (1 min)
Identiverse call for submission proposal put in for three sessions.
None of our proposals were accepted
Does the group want to send Judith to participate? The group will look at finding Judith a free ticket to attend. At this moment Judith will not buy a ticket or plan on attending unless a free ticket is offered.
Current Action Items:
Action Item: John Jordan will take the lead on starting the messaging for "Why to join ToIP". Judith Fleenor has created a folder in the Communications Committee Folder - Titled: Membership Messages - ToIP - Link
Action Items from previous meetings:
- Past Action Item: Scott Perry and Daniel Bachenheimer assigned to this project (NIST 800-63-4 Comment) to come up with a plan with what needs to be done and to come back to the next communication meeting with the recommendation.
- Past Action Item: Drummond Reed Wenjing Chu Daniel Bachenheimer to work on the Blog becoming an Associate Sponsor member of the Open Wallet Foundation. Link
- Past Action Item: Drummond Reed to edit the blog post "Trust over IP Foundation Announces Judith Fleenor as New Executive Director. Adding "Judith is continuing her role as the Director of Strategic Engagement and John Jordan will continue as the Chair of Trust over IP. Once editing is complete Drummond Reed to send to Judith and John for review then send to the committee final approval then the blog will be posted.
- Past Action Item: Wenjing Chu to send Judith Fleenor his past presentation video in order for ToIP to get it up on the website.
- Past Action Item: Scott Perry to send Judith Fleenor the video he presented to the group. Scott Perry to also send Judith Fleenor the questions he asked in an email in order for Judith Fleenor to take the action to bring something back to the steering committee in the next meeting.
- Past Action Item: Drummond Reed to drive the efforts to put together a post recap Dubin blog, via email the following week
- Past Action Item: Judith Fleenor to follow up with Jim St.Clair (and Daniel Bachenheimer) on the GHP History to replace the GHP current content.
- Past Action Item: Add logo content to website and GitHub
- Past Action Item: Judith Fleenor to recruit a resource to create a table tent with the ToIP Steering Committee and General members logo
- Past Action Item: Judith Fleenor to recruit a resource to create the QR code for more information
- Past Action Item: Ajay Madhok to initiate the video content
- Past Action Item: Elisa Trevino to cancel the Communication Committee meetings on September 16 and 30.
- Past Action Item: Scott Perry and David Lucatch volunteered to work on Trademark registration recommendations.
- Past Action Item: Daniel Bachenheimersaid help with a BLOG about mDL and VCs.
- Past Action Item: Judith Fleenorto coordinate with Kaliya Youngand Chris Kelly about Cross Collaboration on papers and communications after Thanksgiving.
- Past Action Item: Alex Metcalf to post the discussion papers these to LinkedIn
- Past Action Item: Ajay Madhok create an editorial calendar review/outline a strategy of the efforts for ToIP video content
- Past Action Item: Alex Walz to provide recommendation on video content material for multi-use purpose.
- Past Action Item: Judith Fleenor asked Alex to work on the Editorial Calendar and he mentioned that he can prioritize this in October.