Zoom Meeting Link / Recording
Main Goal of this Meeting
1) Continue discussion of Rieks' Terminology Toolbox proposal, 2) catchup on status of existing first-generation terms wiki work.
Agenda Items and Notes (including all relevant links)
- Start recording
- Welcome & antitrust notice
- Introduction of new members
- Agenda review
- Antitrust Policy Notice: Attendees are reminded to adhere to the meeting agenda and not participate in activities prohibited under antitrust and competition laws. Only members of ToIP who have signed the necessary agreements are permitted to participate in this activity beyond an observer role.
- New Members:
- Suma joined from IBM, where she is a senior architect.
|5 min||General announcements||All|
Any news and updates of general interest to CTWG members
|2 min||Review of previous action items||Chairs|
- ACTION: Nicky Hickman to help complete the notes from this 2022-05-09 meeting.
- Nicky will add more notes on the Glossary template. She created a sub-folder and made a start on both the template & guidance doc.
- Is general guidance for ANY Glossary - agree to treat as such
- Nicky to finish as draft for input to other groups and link to CTWG resources e.g. the terms wiki guidance
- Still awaiting tools for new process - will update on her current process as used for Yoma.
|30 min||Continue discussion of Terminology Toolbox proposal (from last meeting) ||Rieks Joosten|
The Terminology Toolbox proposal, based on the formalized terminology model and diagram #1 below, was discussed in the last meeting which Drummond Reed missed, so he requests that we continue discussion.
- Rieks gave a complete overview of the Terminology Toolbox proposal. See the Zoom recording for the details along with screenshots #1, 2, and 3 below.
- Nicky Hickman asked whether the Inputs and Semantics WG could use this approach to design OCA plans for schemas. Rieks Joostensaid that there's been contact with Paul Knowles; we'll return to this topic once the tools are demonstratable.
- Nicky also wondered how a Glossary that follows this tooling can be kept in sync with revisions in a governance framework. For example, if the definition of jurisdictions changed (for example to encompass virtual Web3 jurisdictions), how does that affect the rest of the governance framework?
- Drummond agreed that the governing authority must review impacts of terminology revisions on the rest of the GF.
- Rieks mentioned (in the chat) that changes in the terminology would spawn a new version, so an existing work does not suffer, but can be 'upgraded' to the new version of the terminology after careful (terminological) considerations, and perhaps also have its own version number increased.
- Drummond asked about next steps in making Rieks vision a reality for our second generation Terminology Toolbox.
- Rieks said he that the first step would be to do the tooling for the machine-readable-terminology generator.
- The first step would be a "proof of principle".
- However there may be some challenges.
|15 min||Existing Terms Wiki Tasks||Drummond Reed||Catchup on where work stands on existing terms wikis and how we can enlist additional help to complete our "first generation" work.|
- Review decisions/action items
- Planning for next meeting
ACTION: Rieks Joostento write some text describing what a volunteer with relevant programming skills might contribute to the progress of the tools development, and send it out to the all-members list and/or slack channel
Screenshots/Diagrams (numbered for reference in notes above)
- ACTION: Nicky Hickman will add more notes on the Glossary template.
- ACTION: Rieks Joostento write some text describing what a volunteer with relevant programming skills might contribute to the progress of the tools development, and send it out to the all-members list and/or slack channel