|5 min||Welcome & Antitrust Policy Notice||Judith Fleenor|
|5 min||Announcements||Judith Fleenor|
|30 min||Special Topic: Trust Registries|
|10 min||Open Discussion||All|
- Presentation (Google Slides)
Judith Fleenormade made the following announcements:
- The Updated ToIP Website has launched, take a look enjoy the new design, content and interactive infographic.
- The next New Members Orientation is scheduled for Friday, August 27th at 9am PT, see ToIP Calendar for Zoom Link
Carly Huitemamade an announcement about Petter Wittenburg speaking at the Storage and Portability TF meeting on Sept 13th
Kaliya Youngmade an announcement on behalf of the Guardianship Addendum Task Force.
Special Topic - Trust Registries:
- Trust Registry TF co-chair Darrell O'Donnell
introduced the overall concept of trust registries and the special role they play in ToIP architecture.
- Trust Registry TF co-chair Drummond Reed
explained the unique way in which trust registries integrate the two halves of the ToIP stack, i.e., bring together the technical “tools” with the governance “rules”.
- Lucy Yang, Community Director of Covid Credentials Initiative (CCI)
and staff at Linux Foundation Public Health (LFPH)
explained the business reasons why trust registries are at the core of the LFPH’s Global COVID Certificate Network (GCCN) project.
- John Walker, Community Architect of CCI and staff at LFPH,
explained how GCCN is tackling the task of offering a global directory of trust registries for COVID-19 certificates.
Watch the recording for the rich discussion.