- Drummond Reed <== regrets due to vacation for a family reunion
- Daniel Hardman
- Rieks Joosten
- Nicky Hickman
- Vikas Malhotra
- Steven Milstein
Main Goal of this Meeting:
Discuss glossary wiki strategy and documentation; agreed on next steps for building out the documentation so full work on glossary wikis can commence.
|5 min||Chairs||Couldn't record; nobody had host key. Notes must suffice.|
Review the new Terms Wikis page on the Confluence wiki
Jumpstarting a terms wiki from a Google doc glossary
Next steps with the ToIP Term tool
|5 mins||Review of decisions and action items and planning for next meeting||Chairs|
- link to the file - unable to record due to no host key
- link to the file
- File 1 - link
- New members
- Vikas Malhotra- Founder of startup with mission to establish trust, last 15 years working at Microsoft part of engineering team responsible for market expansion for O365, worked with architecture, related to cybersecurity.
- Agenda item 1: Review the new Terms Wikis page on the Confluence wiki
Purpose of the CTWG is to make it easy to define terminology for members of ToIP, and in wider identity community. Aim of the Wiki is to make it easy to use, and then to generate github glossaries etc
We do terminology differently, each group has a terminology to serve a specific purpose, or different terminologies for different purposes. Challenging concept for people to understand that there are different understandings of terminology depending on their perspectives.
Term Wikis are for drafting the terminology of the various groups, and enabling the term pages be referenced in documents. We are developing tools to support this. We envisage a tool to enable 'terminology of terminologies' - from this corpus of all the terms in all the terminologies which can be queried that will extract a group of terms that you need to write a particular document, this could then become a new corpus that becomes the terminology for a given purpose. Still many open questions and some work to do on the tools. Want to make all authors' lives as simple as possible. Wiki removes some of the barriers to using these tools. e.g. learning ML
- Does it make sense?
- What changes should be made?
- What other glossary wiki documentation pages are needed?
- Nicky - Potentially workflow
- Who is able to volunteer for glossary wiki documentation?
Demonstration set-up Yoma Glossary Wiki. Experiment with glossary tools and process in Yoma GF.
- Sample Decision Item
- Please all review the Terms Wiki Page to add feedback and improve.