March 19, 2021
- John Jordan
- Will Groah
- David Lucatch
- Wenjing Chu
- Chris Ingrao
- Kaliya Young
- Anna Johnson
- Daniel Bachenheimer
- David Luchuk
|Welcome & Antitrust Notice
|Update w P Stoyko - Deliverables
|SSI Orbit - Volunteers and Next Steps
BC Digital Trust - website concept
|Proposal - National System "2-pager"
Logo usage and member logos on website
- Agenda Topics (pdf):
1. Update w P Stoyko - Deliverables
- Peter Stoyko addressed the committee, offering an opportunity to provide feedback on style and interactive elements related to the ToIP infographic.
- A complete version of the infographic that can be manipulated and tested by committee members will be available to the next meeting.
- Intent is to create clarity for users by adopting a show-don't-tell approach to visually explaining layers of the ToIP dual-stack.
- Will Groahasked if it may be possible to layer-in audio
- In future iterations, yes.
- Chris Ingraoasked if the infographic will feature visual cues/indicators on the left side to show how technical elements interact with governance.
- Yes, but elements on the left side may be minimized depending on where in the stack a user is "clicking."
- Drummond Reedsuggested ToIP may want to produce a narrated-tour video that walks users through the final infographic.
- Will Groah adds that elements from the Editorial Calendar can also be linked to relevant parts of the infographic
- John Jordanasked if it will be possible to convey how different governed-elements, such as corporate registration and vaccination authorization, link together in a credential.
- To be determined.
- General agreement among members that the work will be useful to ToIP and has been well-executed under terms of the contract.
2. SSI Orbit - Volunteers and Next Steps
- David Luchuk asked for volunteers to work directly with Mathieu Glaude (NorthernBlock) to finalize the agendas and plan for a ToIP-themed episode (or episodes) of SSI Orbit podcast.
- Will Groah indicated he would be interested in seeing these podcasts tied back to themes in the Editorial Calendar.
- David Luchukto revisit/re-issue call for volunteers.
3. BC Digital Trust - website concept
- John Jordanprovided a walk-through of concept website concept (not yet publicly viewable) for Digital Trust services based on BC experience.
- Approach could be relevant for ToIP in updating its own website, making use of the new infographic and conveying how digital trust ecosystems are emerging based on the dual-stack model.
- Strong interest in exploring this idea.
- John Jordanto determine whether the same individual who developed the concept website may be available to work with P Stoyko to adapt the infographic.
4. Proposal - National System "2-pager"
- David Luchuk explained that, following ToIP's submission to a Government of Ontario (Canada) market consultation and more recent meeting with the UK Government to discuss their identity framework, a recommendation was made that a brochure-style 2-pager be developed.
- The intent of this material would be to present ToIP's views and recommendations for developing national systems based on the dual-stack model.
- John Jordansuggested he may be able to bring members of his team at BC Government into this work.
- Kaliya Young shared a recent presentation with officials from Government of Thailand where this sort of product could have helped.
- General agreement among members to pursue this as a Communications product.
- David Luchukto seek volunteers to help develop the material for review/approval.
5. Logo usage and member logos on website
- David Luchuk revisited the topic of ToIP's logo usage policy and the recommended approach put forward by Linux Foundation.
- The committee agreed by consensus to adopt this approach.
- David Luchukintroduced the question of whether Contributor member logos should all be displayed on the ToIP website.
- This item was deferred for time.
- David Luchukto re-issue call for volunteers for SSI orbit podcast.
- David Luchukto create a notification for all members re:logo usage.
- John Jordanto inquire whether colleagues at BC Government may be available to liaise with P Stoyko and work on National Systems product.