- Karl Kneis
- Ajay Madhok
- Daniel Bachenheimer
- Jim St.Clair
- Wenjing Chu
- Kimberly Linson
- Will Groah
- David Lucatch
- RJ Reiser
- Discuss leadership, strategic planning, and 2020 roadmap
|3 min||Welcome & Antitrust Notice||David Luchuk|
|3 min||Graphics contract - update on schedule/workplan||David Luchuk|
|7 min||"ToIP and Governments" Webinar update|
See webinar description and agenda (Google doc)
|5 min||EFWG White Paper Task Force||Karl Kneis||Discuss coordination with Comms Committee|
|30 min||Strategic Narrative Presentation & Discussion||Slide deck will guide the discussion|
|5 min||Next steps on 2021 roadmap||All||Decide on tangible next steps|
|5 min||Executive Director & Chair/Co-Chairs||All||Suggest coordination with John Jordan on decision|
|2 min||Next meeting||David Luchuk|
- How Might We Communicate in 2021? (access-controlled) - Link
1. Graphics contract
- Peter Stoyko has completed his preliminary interviews with ToIP Steering members, Comms Committee and participants and others.
- The next phase of work involves preparing initial “mock ups” of graphics to be presented and discussed with Comms Committee.
- Contract on-track to be completed within stated 10-12 week timeframe - target completion: end of Jan ‘21
2. "ToIP and Governments" Webinar update
- Registration of attendees is well underway and all panelists are now confirmed.
- Introduction to both sessions (by Drummond) will set the frame for panelist presentations, rather than explain the stack.
- Not meant to be a technical set of presentations but, rather, focus on problems that governments have to address and how ToIP ca help resolve them.
3. EFWG White Paper Task Force
- Need to harmonize white papers across WGs and Foundation overall to include a common messaging and voice on cross-cutting issues.
- Comms Committee as overarching group focused on messaging. Karen Handwill be reaching out to Comms Committee to discuss work of TF.
- Additionally, two white papers are under development and can be expected to come forward for review and validation to this Committee:
- Point-of-view paper responding to AAMVA RFI
- “Generic” summary paper based on ToIP response to ON government market consultation.
4. Strategic Narrative Presentation & Discussion
- If Trust over IP approached its Comms activities from the perspective of a start-up, it would see itself and its audience/customers as co-creators of value in a living business.
- The “one to many” communication model is being replaced quickly by the “one to one, many times” approach that recognizes the benefit of creating lasting two-way relationships with customers.
- When an audience feels that messaging and content has been personally tailored to their needs, the time-to-value cycle becomes much shorter.
- The challenge for the Communications Committee is to create modular content that can be configured to different audiences.
- How do we set our audience / customers as the heroes of a journey that calls them to action and ends when ToIP’s success is their success?
- Define the Storyboard for ToIP
- Strategic Narrative - who are we and what are we trying to do?
- Many contributor members at ToIP want to help, but are interested in knowing how they can make money as well.
- Different revenue models exist (e.g. fees, crowdfunding, sponsored competitions), which can allow Trust over IP to pursue its mission while also benefitting members.
- Topic to be further explored and discussed at upcoming meetings.
5. Next steps on 2021 roadmap
- Continue work on Communications Strategy, Editorial Calendar and developing modular content that can be personalized for different audiences.
6. Executive Director & Chair/Co-Chairs
- John Jordan will be taking on the role of Chair of the Communications Committee.
- Drummond Reed, Ajay Madhok and David Lucatch will be vice-Chairs.
- John Jordan will take on the role of Chair, when possible, of this Committee.
- The Committee will continue exploring possible revenue models, with Will Groah and Ajay Madhok elaborating the work they have already launched, in close collaboration with the Steering Committee.