BLOG Updates and Approvals:
|2 min||Event Schedule||Judith Fleenor|
|5 min||Open Source Summit Mini & Hyperledger Global Forum Planning||Judith Fleenor|
|5 minute||Action Item Updates||Judith Fleenor|
|5 min||Video Content||Judith Fleenor|
|As time allows||Open Discussion||All|
Judith Fleenor kicked off the meeting with the Anti Trust policy to review and the agenda. Judith Fleenor provided an update regarding BLOG Updates and Approvals. Action Items reviewed the agenda and shared that we will be reviewing blog updates, I just wanted to let everybody know where we are with the upcoming blogs that are coming, I want to talk a little bit about our event schedule and specifically about the Open Source mini summit hyper ledger global forum that's coming up. Then said that we will just do an update on some action items and then talk about video content due to not having all the folks needed, we will need to push that out to our next meeting. She asked if there were additional items to review and there were not. She went on to discuss the up-coming blogs that need discussion and approval. The following Blogs are underway: eIDAS/EU Digital Wallet Series, OIX Trust Framework and SSI BLOG Series, Keys to SSI Adoption BLOG or Series and EIC recap BLOG. Judith Fleenor provided an update on the OIX situation and BLOG, she shared that we will be pointing to each others work, rather than have an MOU in place. She shared that our ToIP team met with OIX team at EIC and with the help of Daniel Bachenheimer and team, they're making changes for immediate implementation in advance of Identiverse for the BLOG. She asked that we take a look at the BLOG once again, since this was previously approved, based on the recent changes. Judith Fleenor went on to the next BLOG, Decentralized Identity: Keys to mainstream adoption that Mike and Karl from IdRamp are working on. She mentioned that the BLOG approval was sent out to the All Members list and received a number of edits and recommendations, since this was unintended for such a wide audience, Judith Fleenor has asked Mike and Karl to review the comments and accept or reject as they see fit. There is supposed to be additional parts (2 & 3) to this series as their time permits.
Judith Fleenor went on to share the list of up-coming events, she mentioned that EIC just recently passed and that RSA is coming up and she plans to attend and meet folks. She's asked our community to inform her if/when they're attending conferences so that we can provide graphics and ToIP content and cross-pollinate to help promote our mission. Phil Wolff recommended we post conferences on a wiki page to track who's attended and who's presenting at these conferences accordingly. John Jordan agrees this is a good idea and believes this is something we should implement. Daniel Bachenheimer also mentioned that folks speaking and attending should all have an opportunity to provide a recap or insight post conference. Judith Fleenor mentioned they've working on a BLOG from EIC and has asked folks to provide content and insight from their experience from the conference in the BLOG that Drummond Reed is helping to structure.
Judith Fleenor continued that the Dublin summit is on the calendar and shared that we need to define our goals so that we can start acting on a list to activate and promote for the conference. LF will publish in July for the Open Source Summit Europe. Scott Perry mentioned that the speaker list will be released the first week of June for the Hyperledger Global Forum, based on which speakers are accepted. Daniel Bachenheimer mentioned that he may be participating in Identity Week in UK, Nick Mothershaw asked for ToIP to be invited and Judith will let Nick know that Daniel Bachenheimer may be in attendance.
Judith Fleenor mentioned the Editorial Calendar that Alex is working on and then asked John Jordan to work with Daniel on the technical needs for the trademark efforts. She went on to mentioned the pitch for our ToIP Tagline and John Jordan went on to share that in thinking of our overall model of ToIP, rather than the traditional models of login and he likes the idea of Your Data in Your Hands, rather than Your Data in Their Hands; Your Digital Future in Your Hands is the new iteration of the tagline. Judith Fleenor mentioned another option that she likes is more focused on the current enterprise AIM structure, which is OIDC for Enterprise ToIP for the Internet. John Jordan stated this may not be the best tagline, but rather a talking point for ToIP and our efforts in the community. John Jordan went on to say that we want to illustrate a login centric model offers, so I think again that's sort of a differentiation piece, and you can kind of think of it is transporting you know transporting that. The authentic potentially trusted data over confidential channels over the Internet that's a protocol question as opposed to open ID and those kinds of things which are interfaces So if you look at our stack interfaces are sort of within the enterprise within the solution and protocols are across you know boundaries of some kind kid organizational jurisdictional you know so forth, so these are the kinds of themes that have been been kind of bouncing around in my head and a few others, of how do we make it clear that we're solving for a different problem. He said that eventually this model as it matures will be able to address within the enterprise and Nice ways as well, but for now it's much more productive to take space that isn't currently occupied. Judith Fleenor asked the Communications Committee to help create a tagline that illustrates what we're doing and how we're different, but that also demonstrates our posture in the ecosystem. Sumabala Nair likes the Digital Future in Your Hands tagline because of all the conversations that are happening around web to us is abut the concerns around corporations being able to centrally manage and have access to not just your ID, but also be able to infer what systems you use. wHat if your online presence for the operations so basically get a lot of metadata around who you are and what you do. Sumabala Nair introduced herself and is excited to be here.
- Daniel Bachenheimer to review OIX BLOG content since it was previously approved two weeks ago, prior to the recent changes.
- Judith Fleenor to send details to John Jordan on technical needs for Trademark efforts
- Judith Fleenor to reach out to Nick Mothershaw to inform him that Daniel Bachenheimer may be able to join his panel at Identity Week in London
- Scott Perry to provide notification on when the speakers know who's presenting for Hyperledger Global Forum are informed; likely to happen in July
- Signage needs for Hyperledger Global Forum and OpenSource Summit Europe needs, Alex Walz to help create
- Judith Fleenor would like to assign one or two folks John Jordan to review this BLOG and provide the approval to publish; Judith Fleenor will send to John Jordan when she receives it from Karl Kneis
Action Items from previous meetings:
- Alex Walz to provide recommendation on video content material for multi-use purpose.
- Drummond and Nick to meet with team regarding Dan's feedback on Open Identity blog/topic. Judith recommended Bryn and IVRamp (Karl or Mike) join the conversation; Drummond to schedule meeting.
- Judith to draft a letter for the SB1190 and Scott Perry to review
- Alex Walz will work with Judith to create a description for the event for the Mini Summit
- What's the location for the OSS Europe? Dublin IE 13-16 September
- Judith to get a list of attendees for IIW for a mini cocktail event in advance of the conference
- Judith to connect with Andre to see if there's an opportunity to organize an event for community members who are not attending the event, but are local to the community.
- Judith to follow up with Sophia about a trial run
- Trademark Meeting needs to be rescheduled with Daniel and John in attendance
- Past Action Item: Scott Perry and David Lucatch volunteered to work on Trademark registration recommendations.
- Past Action Item: Judith Fleenorto work with Indicio on getting ToIP content into their Indy/Arise workshop.
- Past Action Item: Drummond Reed to create a Co-Branding Policy and work with Scott Perryto create a Co-branded version of out templates.
- Past Action Item: Drummond Reedto create a BLOG about the OIX MOU when that MOU has been created and approved by both SCs. Judith Fleenorto follow-up with Nick Mothershaw. Judith Fleenorto continue to follow-up with Jory on the re-write and resubmit to SC.
- Past Action Item: Daniel Bachenheimersaid help with a BLOG about mDL and VCs.
- Past Action Item: Judith Fleenorto coordinate with Kaliya Youngand Chris Kelly about Cross Collaboration on papers and communications after Thanksgiving.
- Past Action Item: Judith Fleenorto add event schedule topic to the next Comms Meeting agenda.
- Karen Hand to present this in the next EFWG and identify who would be the best POC to drive the top priorities to drive deliverables and effort
- Scott Perry and Drummond Reed to update/changes templates and the style guide (1/14). We need to identify a POC to own this in the future.
- Drummond Reed to add the co-branding to the template documents and style guide Drummond Reed Introduction to White Paper & Design Principles Paper
- Elisa Trevino, Judith Fleenor, @AlexMetcalf, Drummond Reed, Jim St.Clair to help drive decisions on the look and feel of the website.
- Jim St.Clair LFX platform demonstration for project management in an up-coming Steering Committee meeting.
- Judith Fleenor follow-up on End of Year surveys
- @JudithFleenor to send a note to the Comms slack channel regarding their input for the LinkedIn cover photo.
- Judith Fleenor to schedule landing session for Wenjing Chu and Chris Ingrao for 3pm on Monday January 24th to discuss focus for 2022.
- Judith Fleenor to provide access to the shared drive for the link provided at the top of the meeting (https://docs.google.com/document/d/18VGJ6KrStZMYN0GCAg11qOD81-riMkNg3wGEfvnt2SE/edit#)
- Judith Fleenor to send an email to the SC regarding the details for the trademark efforts.
- Alex Metcalf to post the discussion papers these to LinkedIn
- Ajay Madhok create an editorial calendar review/outline a strategy of the efforts for ToIP video content
- Judith Fleenor to invite Alex Walz to the OIX discussion next week
- Daniel Bachenheimer to find out if Accenture is a member of OIX
- Judith Fleenorto confirm with John Jordanon quote for OIX blog.
- @Alex Walz to help @ScottPerry on the Schellman blog and press release
- Judith Fleenor to add bullet points to the blog for Scott Perry to review and edit accordingly & pending a ToIP quote from a SC member (John Jordan)