- Start recording
- Welcome & antitrust notice
- Introduction of new members
- Agenda review
- Antitrust Policy Notice: Attendees are reminded to adhere to the meeting agenda and not participate in activities prohibited under antitrust and competition laws. Only members of ToIP who have signed the necessary agreements are permitted to participate in this activity beyond an observer role.
- New Members:
|Review of previous action items
- ACTION: Daniel Hardman will investigate if there is a simple solution for the V1 tool to support a glossary including more than one definition of the same term BUT indicating which is the authoritative definition.
- ACTION: Drummond Reed and Daniel Hardman to prepare at least an outline of the CTWG User Manual V1 based on the work already done on the Terms Wikis branch of our Confluence wiki and in the Markdown document Rieks Joosten has started.
- ACTION: Michel Plante to check with his contact about potential interest in our bounty by sharing the current writeup (knowing it will be revised).
|Update on ToIP Term Tool glossary publishing process
- We skipped this agenda item as Daniel had a las-minute conflict and could not attend.
|Review proposed outline for CTWG User Manual
|Discuss the first ToIP terms wikis
- Our very first terms wiki is our own: https://github.com/trustoverip/ctwg-terms/wiki/
- The question now is what other ToIP WGs want to create what terms wikis?
- The Governance Stack WG met last week and decided that they do not want to create their own terms wiki at this time, but would rather contribute to a shared ToIP community terms wiki.
- They would like the initial emphasis to be put on ToIP-community-wide terms.
- They felt that this would encourage harmonization early on the most terms that were most important to use consistently across all our deliverables.
- They felt that having one "general" or "core" set of terms would make it easier to distinguish when other scopes are really needed.
- They also wanted to collaborate with the CTWG on this initial terms wiki.
- Do we agree?
- No objections, but some concerns about conflicting definitions coming from different WGs/TFs.
- Nicky Hickman asked the question about having different definitions of the same term in different scopes.
- Drummond Reed pointed out that this particular terms wiki would be defined by the scope of "ToIP as a whole", i.e., acting as an overall terms community.
- Judith Fleenor pointed out that we need to have alignment on tags. This raised the issue about how tags are related to terms wikis.
- ACTION: Drummond Reedto check with Daniel Hardman about the relationship of tags to terms wikis.
- Steven Milstein suggested that we begin with a core ToIP wiki and then each WG or TF who wants a different definition can do it in their own scope on their own terms wiki.
- There was consensus that this was the best approach.
- What do we want to call this ToIP community-wide terms wiki? Candidates:
- The one concern about this is the potential confusion this might cause, i.e., that this scope applies to all terms defined anywhere.
- DECISION: The CTWG will create a ToIP Core terms wiki to host terms on behalf of the ToIP terms community as a whole. The scope of this terms wiki is the whole of the ToIP stack. If there is disagreement between WGs about the definition of a term in the ToIP Core terms wiki, that term should be defined in one or more WG-specific terms wikis.
- Who wants to volunteer to help set up and start populating this terms wiki?
|YOMA Terms Wiki
- Nicky explained that she started work on the YOMA glossary using the Sovrin "mental model", but then switched to using the eSSIF-Lab mental models.
- She wanted to know where to get the terms for the ToIP scope.
- Review decisions/action items
- Planning for next meeting