|Table of Contents|
- Define a complete ecosystem governance framework based on the outcomes of the interoperability recommendations for digital health credentials being developed from Good Health Pass Collaborative and based on the Good Health Pass Principles.
Internationally, there are many initiatives committing expertise and resources to problems associated with digital health certification for COVID-19 test results and vaccination records. Launched on 09 February 2021, the Good Health Pass Collaborative brings organizations from the travel, health and technology sectors together to define what "good looks like" so that the international travel industry can begin operating with secure, reliable digital credentials for test and vaccination records.
The Collaborative's goals are to produce 1) an interoperability blueprint for successful use of verifiable credentials for this use case, 2) a solution to the challenge of binding identity to these credentials and 3) a trust framework for the Good Health Pass ecosystem-of-ecosystems.
This will be achieved by solving seven key interoperability challenges:
- Consistent User Experience
- Standard Data Models and Elements
- Credential Formats, Signatures, and Exchange Protocols
- Security, Privacy, and Data Protection
- Trust Registries
- Rules Engines
- Identity Binding
- Drummond Reed
- Charles Walton
- <add your "@" name here (or your plain text name) to join this TF>
- Riley Hughes
- Tony Rose
- Eric Vinton
- @Mike Vesey
- Karl Kneis
Key deliverables will include, but are not limited to:
- Good Health Pass Ecosystem Governance Framework
Intellectual Property Rights (Copyright, Patent, Source Code)
As a Task Force (TF) of the Ecosystem Foundry WG (EFWG), the Patient ID TF inherits the IPR terms from the EFWG JDF Charter. These include:
- Copyright mode: Creative Commons Attribution 4.0.For the Patient ID TF, this is probably the only relevant licensing provision.
- Patent mode: W3C Mode (based on the W3C Patent Policy). The Patient ID TF is not expected to produce any deliverables subject to patent rights.
- Source code: Apache 2.0, available at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.html. ThenPatient ID TF is not expected to produce source code.
Key milestones will include, but are not limited to:
- Public review draft by end of April 2021.
TBD—Meetings occur weekly (TBC) on every (TBC) as of (TBC) at XY:00 PT (XY:00 UTC)
Notes from all meetings are accessible here.
References and Links
- Good Health Pass Ecosystem Governance Framework Task Force Kickoff Meeting presentation
- Whitepaper - https://www.goodhealthpass.org/resources/
- YouTube - https://youtu.be/49XvVxLMTLw