Page tree

Versions Compared

Key

  • This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

...

Goals

  • Assign action items for next meeting
  • Establish work plan for WG deliverables and workflow guidance
  • Gather agenda suggestions for next meeting

...

TimeItemWhoNotes
1 minWelcomeA. Kudra
2 mins

Antitrust Policy Notice

A. Kudra
5 mins

New Introductions

A. Kudra
  • None
2 mins

Review / Approve minutes from last meeting (10-Nov-2020)

A. Kudra
  • Approved by ConsensusDelayed to next meeting due to only a few attendees
10 minsAnnouncementsDA. GisolfiKudra
20 minsUtility Project Status UpdatesUtility Representatives
5 minsTask Force SOSAM. KudraGlaude
10 minsDecision PointsDA. GisolfiKudra
10 minsDiscussion TopicsDA. GisolfiKudra
10 minsReview Action and Open ItemsA. Kudra
10 mins

Q&A

A. Kudra

Announcement Details

  •  Updated Utility List as per Issue 17
  •  Update from discussion regarding Kochi Org Book (KOB) with Vinod Panicker: Understanding is that KOB will have a dedicated Hyperledger Indy utility at some point (currently prototyping with Sovrin).
  • None

Utility Projects

  •  Bedrock
    • Call for interested companies that may be interested in joining. Send email request to Dan Gisolfi stating company name and contact email address.
    • Soft Launch Scheduled for 18 Nov 2020.
    •  IDunion 
      Competition phase in final stages, proposal has been handed in to German Federal Ministry of Economic Affairs for execution phase. Final project report is work in progress. Activities on IDunion legal entity continue.
    •  

      Sovrin

    •  Indicio 
      Indicio TestNet had successful "first upgrade" last week. DemoNet scheduled to be "live" by the end of next week, and MainNet scheduled to be "live" by the end of the year. Official announcements are forthcoming. 

    UFWG APAC Interlock

    •  TBD
      • No update
    •  IDunion
      • No update
    •  Sovrin
      • "Principles of SSI" under finalization, to be officially released soon, support from other Utilities appreciated
    •  Indicio
      • Launch of MainNet delayed due to genesis node issues, recommendations for number of nodes to be included in best practices

    UFWG APAC Interlock

    •  Meeting did not happen due to very few attendees today
    •  Vinod Panicker confirmed in prep meeting that KOB is planning a Utility, KOB seeking ways to govern Utilitiy without legal entity

    Task Force SOS (Scrum of Scrums)

    TF NameMissionMembersStatus
    UFWG deliverablesDefine and communicate to our UFWG deliverables and process. 

    Drafted presentation available here

    •  What are the deliverables of the UFWG? 
    •  Who are the audience for each deliverable?
    •  What is our deliverable process?
    Best Practices Task ForceAnalyze Project Interviews, establish list of Best Practices and submit each BP using ToIP Deliverables Process.

    Mathieu Glaude  (lead) 

    Dan Gisolfi 

    Claudia Grytz

    Lynn Bendixsen

    Review Best Practices List: 

    @Sarah Olfert

    •  Drafting v1 of three BP documents based on feedback from interviews with decentralized identity utility conveners/providers
      •  BP0011-Recommendations for creating and managing a Public Identity Utility
    •  5 items from Utility interviews available here
    •  At future point, consider consolidating all best practices into one comprehensive document
    Decentralization Task Force

    Submit a BP deliverable and a design principle for what it means to be Decentralized. 

    Jessica Townsend  (lead) 

    •  What are the key attributes of a Decentralized Utility?
    •  Should we consider / review the W3C DID Decentralization Rubric
      •  Consider their dimensions for evaluation

    Lead decided in Oct-27 meeting, added in Nov-10 meeting

    Glossary Task ForceGenerate a UFWG Glossary in collaboration with the CTWG.RJ Reiser (lead) Lead added in Oct-27 meeting

    Decision Points

    •  None

    Discussion Topics

    •  Use of Kanban Boards via Trello to enable Task Forces to manage work and provide status
      •  Glossary Task Force has volunteered to test RJ Reiser
      •  Initial process model verified today with Trello; New boards and member invites forthcoming.
        •  Any volunteers to help define workflow?
    •  Triage GitHub Issues
    • Corda network for identity, may be relevant to include as Utility project
      •  Scott Perry will check with Corda regarding their identity roadmap (Corda is Sovrin Steward), Mathieu Glaude will send info to Scott
    •  Lissi is a project run by Main Incubator (Commerzbank subsidiary), Main Incubator is leading "SSI for Germany" (SSI4DE) consortium, SSI4DE launched IDunion Hyperledger Indy network (currently test mode)

    Action items

    •  Call-for-Projects Projects
      •  All Layer 1 Project Stories need to be documented in GitHub
      •  Any new projects?  → See Discussion Topics
    •  Education Topics for Presentations to be Scheduled
      •  None
    •  Set Agenda for next meeting
      •   

    ...