Industry sector: Social Services
The goal of the Human Trafficking Ecosystem Working Group is to effect the transformation of global human trafficking response.
Scott Warner -secours.io
Jamie Stirling - secours.io
Jeremy Dzral - WYofi.com
Karl Kneis -IdRamp.com
Philippe Page - Human Colossus Foundation
Produce a global template which changes the current nature of human trafficking response, with emphasis on data collection and collaboration. Our focus is to facilitate the deployment of tools, applications and governance developed within the ToIP ecosystem to positively facilitate prevention, empower victim advocacy, implement survivor financial inclusion measures, increase prosecution rates and enhanced data analytics in partnership with advocacy groups, public safety organizations, judicial entities.
A number of questions/discussion points require exploration:
- how can ToIP tools and governance best serve victim advocacy and domestic violence groups?
- how can ToIP principals and governance be used to enhance the prevention of human trafficking in such areas as recruitment of victims, domestic abuse, child abuse, sexual assault?
- how can credentials be applied, who benefits?
- what is the current state of human trafficking data collection, storage and unification?
- can data become the new witness/evidence for prosecutors reducing the revictimization of victims?
- can we use data to assist investigators in case prioritization?
- what does financial inclusion for for survivors look like?
- how can we use data to create ROI measurements to attract investment to address these issues?
- how can guardianship ID be applied to this issue? (Survivor advocacy is an "at will" relationship.)
- how are civil liberties addressed?
- what events and data has standing in court?
- Define and execute "To Small To Fail" deployment pilot.
- Establish ToIP architecture, governance and best practices within the global public safety sector utilizing a focus on human trafficking response
- Integrate the use of digital identity and credentials by human trafficking victims and survivors.
- Develop data strategy.
- Deploy the Overlays Capture Architecture (OCA) data capture architecture to facilitate a standardized global solution for data capture, data language unification.
- Use OCA to enhance human trafficking investigation, case prioritization and prosecution.
- Define and deploy guardianship ID in the prevention of victim recruitment and survivor advocacy.
- Integrate payment systems for use by victims and survivors.